Wife's obsession

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
OCD? Turning bottles upside down even when they are full or when the bottle is definitely not designed to rest on it's topside.

Appreciate her being frugal and wanting to get the last stuff out of the bottle, but they always fall over. She will turn my shampoo upside down (even a new bottle) and I will turn it back over.. this goes on and on.. she's wearing me down...resistance is futile...

Attachments

• IMG_2281.jpg
    IMG_2281.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2282.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 44
Just wondering...where does she squeeze the toothpaste? From the bottom or in the middle? :)

The Ketchup bottle is designed for upside down standing, but I say not until after some are used to avoid being top heavy.

I got one of these. I think we only paid ~$4 at Walmart. Nothing tips over. After a few hours, all is well and can be disconnected.

Consider getting some small travel bottles. Then keep the big bottles under the sink or wherever they are out of sight - and if they are upside down it won't bother you. Top off the small bottles when they need it and keep them in the shower or on the counter. These travel bottles are meant to be upside down and take up little space.

A surprising number of bottles are designed to be kept upside down these days. That ketchup bottle in your fridge picture is one (though I find I still need to shake it to mix it up enough to avoid that annoying liquid that spurts out!)

Something like this is what we use:

One other tip: if you are trying to get the last bit of some thick lotion out of the original bottle into the travel bottle it helps to heat the original up a little to get it flowing. Let it sit in a sink filled with hot water for a while.

signed, "Heloise"

One other tip: if you are trying to get the last bit of some thick lotion out of the original bottle into the travel bottle it helps to heat the original up a little to get it flowing. Let it sit in a sink filled with hot water for a while.

signed, "Heloise"

That will probably work but if frugality is the priority note that heating the water likely costs more than that tiny amount of lotion.

Tell her to tend to her own bottles and keep her hands off your shampoo bottle.

At our house, we each have our own toiletries--and bathrooms. And neither get mixed.

Personally I think you are obsessed with bottles not ever falling over. They're plastic, for heaven's sake. So they fall over now and then. Big deal. Leave her alone.

I thought everybody turned bottles over like that when they are nearly empty. Leave her alone! Even better, turn the bottles over yourself when they are getting close to empty, so she doesn't always have to do it for you.

That will probably work but if frugality is the priority note that heating the water likely costs more than that tiny amount of lotion.

Simply save up the bottles until you are changing you're oil. Once it's drained from your car, quickly bring it in while it's still warm and use that. Problem solved!

Last edited:

Steam some vegetables and use the hot water in the saucepan.

If you want to get ALL of the shampoo out, just add a little water and shake it a couple times. It makes it flow easier and also "cleans" anything left on the sides.

Shampoo and soaps? I just add some water when showering to near empty bottles. It gets me by until I remember to buy some more. With my hair length and quantity that shampoo bottle lasts a long time.

Beat me to it.. great minds..

For the rest, duck tape solves every problem.

Last edited:
This whole thread cracked me up, absolutely hilarious. The fact that the OP posted it in the 1st place, then Senator actually has a legit solution (complete with youtube video). The fact that so many others offer up solutions. And the frugal hot water analysis - followed by the suggestion of reusing the water from steamed vegetables to solve. I am laughing out loud and just showed the thread to my wife. Thanks for making my morning.

Hey, that's another method: tape the upside-down bottles to a warm duck.

Last edited:
I pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds. The trick is to pull it out before the plastic melts. :blush:

This whole thread cracked me up, absolutely hilarious. The fact that the OP posted it in the 1st place, then Senator actually has a legit solution (complete with youtube video). The fact that so many others offer up solutions. And the frugal hot water analysis - followed by the suggestion of reusing the water from steamed vegetables to solve. I am laughing out loud and just showed the thread to my wife. Thanks for making my morning.

Did I mention that I haven't bought shampoo or conditioner for at least 3 years? I'm still using up those little bottles you get in hotels, and the freebies that I used to get at one particular hairdresser. Color safe products work just fine although I quit coloring my hair two years ago!

Meadbh (frugalista). :D:dance::LOL:

Last edited:
OP here...hopefully everyone realizes I'm just having a little fun with this post...it's just one of those marriage things that makes you smile and roll your eyes.. I'm sure she has a long lift of mine...:LOL:

Doesn't everyone just soak up the last bit of liquid in a bottle with their leftover dryer sheets?

Hey, that's another method: tape the upside-down bottles to a warm duck.
Do you know how much a roll of duck tape costs? Use your head man!
If you have a youtube video of this method please post it.

I have been guilty of using pliers and a tin snips to get out the last bit of toothpaste. In my defense, it was dentist-recommended toothpaste with special stuff in it, $22.49 a small tube (or $35 at the dentist's):

[url=/SEARCHING | white]GCMI Paste Plus with Recaldent]
[/URL]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom