Will you Stoop to Pick up a Penny?

What amount does it take to get you to bend over to pick up money?

• A penny will do...

Votes: 88 69.3%
  • A nickel, if no one is looking.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • A dime, I have some standards.

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • A quarter, it's sparkly!

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Has to be paper money, at least a buck!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I'm loaded, let someone who needs it pick it up!

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
For similar reasons I do not walk around with ear buds, ar a phone plastered to my ear. I don't live in Palm Beach, or Grosse Point, or Bel Aire. Though I think I could easily get used to most of these. :)

Ha
Lots of muggers live in Palm Beach, Grosse Point, Bel Aire, etc. They just aren't called muggers. They are financial professionals. Only difference is when they get mugged they get bailed out. :)

Here's a thought: I had a gal that worked for some time for me that had two kids, divorced and needed cash. She would look at the empty carts outside at the grocery store for left items, and you would not believe all the things she brought home that someone else paid for--even large boxes of Tide were left. I always wondered who could be so blind as not to see that at the bottom of the cart?

I will usually pick up a penny I find on the ground. One day I was driving home and saw something blowing around along the road. As I went by I thought, dang that looks like paper money. I turned around and drove back finding a safe spot to pull over and retrieved the money, it turned out to be a $10 bill. :D

A few years ago I came out of Costco and as I got near my car saw a guy picked up a pizza that was laying on the ground. He asked if I wanted it and I said no and suggested he take it home and have it. He was delighted and said his wife would be real happy. I'm sure someone had it on the lower part of their cart and it slid off as they loaded their other things into the car. It probably was only on the ground a minute or so and since it was totally wrapped in plastic it should have been fine.

More often that not I'll pick up the penny. But then I used to gather coke bottles for the five cent deposits.

I did once find a $20 bill between the guard rails in the median of an interstate highway during an accident investigation.

Edited to add: It had obviously been there a while with dried mud on it, not blown out of any of the cars in the wreck.

I don't tend to pick up coins, but my stepmother is the master of finding money.

She's a garage sale junkie and paid $1 for a pair of dress up shoes for her grand daughter. Granddaughter got around to playing with them several months later and found five $100 bills in the toe of one shoe.

Step mom had no idea by this point where she had bought them so she guiltily pocketed the $500....quite the payback on a garage sale find!

I don't tend to pick up coins, but my stepmother is the master of finding money.

She's a garage sale junkie and paid $1 for a pair of dress up shoes for her grand daughter. Granddaughter got around to playing with them several months later and found five $100 bills in the toe of one shoe.

Step mom had no idea by this point where she had bought them so she guiltily pocketed the $500....quite the payback on a garage sale find!

I want to go shopping with her! :)

gee i am really surprised that 69% replied yes! :confused:

i am the only person that voted only if paper money! :confused:

i'm pretty frugal and LBMM but i wouldn't pick up coins unless they were gold or at least a bucks worth. never would i pick up cans for the deposit, never!

when i was 11 i found a $10 bill and that was a big deal, actually it would be today so back then it was like finding at least 450!

No stooping. Gracefully scoop up penny and put in pocket.

Back
Top Bottom