Wonder how this will work??

I had a co-ed dorm room when I was in colllege (well. technically it was on weekends when my roomate was away...and there was a bit of subterfuge involved in not getting caught by the Resident Assistants..):D

This look at Ms. Somebody or other that suports Co-Ed dorming is all I need to know: sophomore Jenna Davis sees it as a political issue. "We're very self-conscious about hegemonic gender norms," she said, referring to the assumption that heterosexuality is universal.

Having to live with her might turn me gay, or homicidal. :)

Ha

Back when I was a student (in the Dark Ages, naturally) :) the dorms were not popular at all, especially among independent self-supporting students like me who had a choice in the matter. You couldn't beat the location of a dorm, but it had its costs. Dorms were sometimes co-ed but had curfews if my recollection is correct, and they didn't seem to provide much space for the money - - plus residents had to vacate the dorms between terms, sometimes a PITA.

Often university students shared apartments with one another, instead. Nobody gave a hoot as to the gender of a roommate, as long as he paid his or her share and got along with everyone reasonably well. And with enough regularly paying roommates (who cares about gender? :2funny:), an apartment was much less expensive than a dorm.

I suppose that students are more prudish these days.

Meh. I lived in a cooperative dorm that had co-ed cattle showers. What's the big deal, so long as everyone agrees?

I had a female roommate in college. I don't see the big deal. College kids are adults, ain't they?

Back
Top Bottom