World Series

Which Team Will Win The World Series?

• Chicago White Sox

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Houston Astros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There are pictures of NFL cheerleaders on this thread.

• They are meant as an ironic statement on the current state of sports.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • They should not be viewed by the easily offended or old guys like HA.

• Total voters
Yakers, very happy guy originally from Chi Town. Lived on the north side but liked the Sox as my older brother liked the Cubs and he got first pick. Funny, the family is now all on the south side. Happy calls around this evening.

Go Sox!!!!!!

Re: There's Always Baseball

DanTien said:
Go Go White Sox!!
American League Champions!!
Thank you Ozzie and you too AJ!
Don't get too crazy in the streets, Chicago!

Pre-season Vegas odds on the White Sox to win the world series: 100 - 1. (Hope you got some of that.) ;)

My new team (this year) is the Astros. This should be a low-scoring affair. We need another professional sports champion in Texas. Now the Cowboys..... :LOL:

Eagle43 said:
My new team (this year) is the Astros.  This should be a low-scoring affair.  We need another professional sports champion in Texas.  Now the Cowboys..... :LOL:

Saw the "Tuna" running out in the field with the Cowboys yesterday. He's got some massive man-boobs. Needs to either get a super-support bra, or lose a helluva lot of weight. ;)

Tuna couldn't stand retirement. He had it made, couple of super bowl rings, going into record books, etc. But, he got bored, and came back. He's got everybody convinced in Dallas that he's the 2nd coming. He did hit it on the head, himself. "If I don't win", he said, "Then the kids will laugh at me. Tell me I'm old-fashioned and out-of-date." Team looks better this year, using his methods. He's 64 now, so can't imagine he'll reup his contract which runs out, I believe next year. If he gets to the playoffs, I'm a believer. And the Super Bowl? Well, he can stay as long as he wants.....

Why do baseball players spit so much? What other sport is there spitting?

DanTien said:
There should be more spitting, especially in those, shall we say, "boring sports".
How about chess.  Spitting would be great. 
And spitting shouldn't be limited to just sports.
How bout those marching bands during halftime,
or those kids spelling bees we always see on TV.
Spit is happening  8)

JPatrick said:
There should be more spitting, especially in those, shall we say, "boring sports".
How about chess. Spitting would be great.
And spitting shouldn't be limited to just sports.
How bout those marching bands during halftime,
or those kids spelling bees we always see on TV.
Spit is happening 8)
and another thing...why can't the guys keep the dugout cleaner? Ever look at the floor of a dugout? Like a sewer! Can't these guys put their trash in a can or a recycle bin? Didn't their mothers raise them to do better than that? What kind of example are they setting for our youth I ask you? I'm surprised they aren't urinating on the dugout floor while we watch.....

DanTien said:

That's actually a pretty good question, regarding the new generation of ball-players.

When I was playing ball, and actually until the 70's, the reason there was so much spitting going on is that most of the players used to load up with a cheek full of "chaw". You either spit out the juice, or turned green. ;)

Just finished watching Ledge serve up a "hanging" slider to the big guy, and they're going to St. Louis. :D

I have a feeling Houston is really going to regret not putting them away. In any case, more fun ahead.

They still chew tobacco... you just don't see it on TV...or they use bubble gum during the games. Nasty habit. Another thing they do is eat sunflower seeds and spit out the hulls.

Could you imagine seeing Arnold or Jack analyzing a major putt at the Masters and then spitting out a good wad right before the putt. :eek:  On the other hand,  I can't imagine not seeing that in major league baseball.  :LOL:

DanTien said:
and another thing...why can't the guys keep the dugout cleaner? Ever look at the floor of a dugout? Like a sewer! Can't these guys put their trash in a can or a recycle bin? Didn't their mothers raise them to do better than that? What kind of example are they setting for our youth I ask you? I'm surprised they aren't urinating on the dugout floor while we watch.....

Dan ol' buddy, you're starting to sound way too much like my DW. Maybe you need to spit, scratch youself, have a brew and just relax... 8)

If you don't change your ways, you're going start posting about how wonderful some show was you saw on HGTV! ;)

DOG51 said:
Could you imagine seeing Arnold or Jack analyzing a major putt at the Masters and then spitting out a good wad right before the putt. :eek: On the other hand, I can't imagine not seeing that in major league baseball. :LOL:
I can imagine John Daly or Craig Stadler doing that or maybe relieving themselves behind a tree.

REWahoo! said:
Dan ol' buddy, you're starting to sound way too much like my DW. Maybe you need to spit, scratch youself, have a brew and just relax... 8)

If you don't change your ways, you're going start posting about how wonderful some show was you saw on HGTV! ;)
and another thing.... :D
Don't you just hate House Hunting?
and by the way, why is it men can't put the seat down, for pete's sake? I ask you.
:angel:

DanTien said:
and another thing.... :D
Don't you just hate House Hunting?
and by the way, why is it men can't put the seat down, for pete's sake? I ask you.
:angel:

Dan: "You silly goose", of course I despise looking for new house. (But skipping from room to room to create an ambience is heaven!)

That ReWahoo is such a Neanderthal.

cubs.jpg

Sorry guys still holding out. This one is really painful - Southsiders vs. 1 of 2 division rivals :'(

ex-Jarhead said:
Dan: "You silly goose", of course I despise looking for new house. (But skipping from room to room to create an ambience is heaven!)

That ReWahoo is such a Neanderthal.
I'm a skipper too!
and ambience is what I'm all about!
and another thing, don't you think the world would be a much different place if there was less spitting, scratching, swilling and stumbling and more sense of taste and color, I ask you?

DanTien said:
I'm a skipper too!
and ambience is what I'm all about!
and another thing, don't you think the world would be a much different place if there was less spitting, scratching, swilling and stumbling and more sense of taste and color, I ask you?
:eek: :eek: Anyone else worried about these boys? :eek: :eek:

wildcat said:
Sorry guys still holding out. This one is really painful - Southsiders vs. 1 of 2 division rivals :'(
Next year, I'm hoping the cubs can get a makeover and meet the Sox in the series.
My baseball 2006 wish list:
Sox and Cubs...7 games...all extra innings..7th won by Sox in Wrigley..

img_335252_0_b12102e99b3f7a8ad3365a1164eb1f68.jpg

Have Funds said:
Maybe they can make Skoal and Bud in more interesting colors...

Yeah, that's a great idea.
Talk to you later, I've got some clothes to fold and I want to do some touch up dusting  ;)

Hey guys, does anyone else feel women shouldn't be allowed on sports broadcasts except as cheerleaders? How about those skimpy outfits lately...hold it I've got to spit skoal juice (a tuscan brown)....ok I'm back..I can't stand that gal anchor on Fox during the baseball playoffs, I don't know how Kevin doesn't start choking her during the broadcast and tell her to just shut up.

Back
Top Bottom