Would You Rather be Governor or a US Senator if you had the choice??

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just wondering........I think US Senator would be the cushier job sicne you aren't held as accountable, but I think being Governor of a state like Montana or Wyoming would be pretty low stress.........:D:D

No.

Senator. My best friend works on the hill and says that being a senator is possibly the best job in the world.

Yep.

But if I had to become a politician, I don't think the transition wouldn't be all that difficult. After all, I'm very familiar with dealing with rattlesnakes, scorpions, fire ants and chiggers. :)

With that background you would fit right in.

Neither. Both are j*bs and I don't do that kind of thing any more.:D

If I had to be one or the other, I'd be a Senator. Being Governor of Louisiana sounds very distasteful. I'm neither slimy enough nor dishonest enough to be Governor here.

I'd rather be retired than either one.

Senator...many fly under the radar.

How many people know who their senator is? Few.

AAnnold was marching around Lake Tahoe today.......who is my senator??

When I was young, I worked on the Hill for one of the top alltime Senate leaders. Knew many Senators, Representatives and the President. Did not know Helen Thomas of the Press, tho. Enough said on that, but, trust me, I could tell you some stories.
Take the Senate job. It is much cushier, and many, many perks you never hear about.
If you want to be the President, however, go for the Governor's position. More Governors are elected President than Senators ever will be.
If you want cushy--but live high on the hog and have an easier lifestyle--go for the Senator's job.
I vote: Senator. Definitely!!!

I'd rather be a senator. They only "work" three or four days a week and their pensions are pretty good too. I think they get more kickbacks from lobbyist as well. :cool::D

I’d rather be a close and trusted friend to both the governor and the senator. Enjoying the confidence and gratitude of both, but keeping out of the public eye.

I think senator would be cool.

Imagine being able to pontificate on any subject you want for as long as you can talk. Kinda of like the forum, but the pay is a lot better, and you get constant TV coverage.

I believe the answer is to rent Texas and live in Hell

Remeber Mel Brooks in Blazing saddles?

GOV on the back of his tuxedo jacket in his office.

Easy

Senator. No rationale........just the first answer that popped in my head.

Back
Top Bottom