Would you Trade Places with Prince William/Kate Middleton?

Would you Trade Places with Prince William/Kate Middleton

• Yes, I would trade places.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, I would not want to trade places.

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
I'd trade places with any 29 year old who doesn't have to w*rk. Flying helicopters isn't work is it? I'm sure the "sex with Kate" part wouldn't be, at least if I was really 29.

134301358.jpg

I loved Kate's dress! Very elegant and reminiscent of the one worn by Princess Grace Kelly (of Philadelphia...a born and bred PA girl).
I have gotten home from w*rk and am having my Pimm's and diet lemon lime soda over ice while I soak in the recap commentary of the day. Okay, okay...I have a boring life!:LOL:

I loved Kate's dress! Very elegant and reminiscent of the one worn by Princess Grace Kelly (of Philadelphia...a born and bred PA girl).
I have gotten home from w*rk and am having my Pimm's and diet lemon lime soda over ice while I soak in the recap commentary of the day. Okay, okay...I have a boring life!:LOL:

I absolutely never watch daytime TV and today I was just glued to it . I loved her dress & the tiara was perfect . I also loved all the hats even the crazy ones . The drive in the convertible was so cute . This was so much better than watching Charles & Diana ( hated the dress ) fumble into matrimony .

I absolutely never watch daytime TV and today I was just glued to it . I loved her dress & the tiara was perfect . I also loved all the hats even the crazy ones . The drive in the convertible was so cute . This was so much better than watching Charles & Diana ( hated the dress ) fumble into matrimony .

They said the tiara (which I loved, too, for it's low profile and simplicity...very jeune fille) was a gift from King George VI to his daughter, the present Queen Elizabeth, on her 18th birthday.
I subconsciously knew Charles and Diana were doomed when back when they were first interviewed upon their engagement the interviewer asked "So are you in love?" and they both looked taken back. Diana responded, with eyes downcast, "Of course!" and Charles responded "Whatever love is"
confused.gif

In 1981 I scheduled my impacted wisdom teeth removal the same day as the Royal Wedding in order to have the day off from work. My poor husband arrived home from his work at the end of the day to find me with chipmunk cheeks strung out on Percosets and ice cream and jabbering about huge wedding gowns. What a memory!

I finally had to explain to Gary that this wedding was like the ultimate signing day for football and then he got it and slowly backed away from the family room were I was switching channels to get the best coverage !:)

I would agree to sleep with Kate, or her sister, or her mother. But only as a guest. :)

Come to think of it, has anyone seen her grandmother?

Ha

Kate looked stunning. The dress was perfect, very reminiscent of Grace Kelly's in 1957(?). Some fashion commentators have said it had "nothing new" but it would be hard to beat that dress for sheer elegance.

And then there were the cousins. Ewww!

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with the comments about Kate and her dress looking perfect - and the "what on earth were they thinking" qualities of Prince Andrew's daughters' hats. Victoria Beckham was a bit too glamorous - not really surprising, but still not quite appropriate in my estimation.

The Queen was perfect. She may not be the warm smiling personality that her Mum was, but she has been unswerving in her role for so long now and I suspect has a great deal of heart.

I would not trade places with William. I tend to have a very private life, and being a public figure would entail many sacrifices. But Kate is stunning...

I like this photo.

Attachments

• OFFICIAL-ROYAL-WEDDING-PHOTO.jpg
    OFFICIAL-ROYAL-WEDDING-PHOTO.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 19
Kate looked stunning. The dress was perfect, very reminiscent of Grace Kelly's in 1957(?). Some fashion commentators have said it had "nothing new" but it would be hard to beat that dress for sheer elegance.

And then there were the cousins. Ewww!

I liked the cousins hats they were fun along with many other hats. Kate is stunning as was the dress. Overall I was surprised how much I liked watching the wedding. Although it was not nearly as much fun as being at Charles and Diana's wedding.

CNN coverage was decent, although it was a huge mistake to have Anderson Cooper do it, talk about a duck out of water. Piers Morgan as Brit was pretty fun, but seriously wedding coverage so be primarily or even exclusively female, with some allowance for gay fashion designers or hairstylist.

The one thing that really struck me was when Anderson Cooper remarked their were more than 75 cameras in Westminster more than the 20 or so covering the Super Bowl. Piers Morgan quickly pointed out the Superbowl viewership is only 100 million or so and the wedding was 2 billion.

Of course being a good capitalism, I immediately wondered why they Royal family didn't take the opportunity to sell sponsorships.

I am rooting for Kate to become queen.

What wedding? :confused:

Just kidding.

I've been a bit busy this week, so I did not watch any of it. I saw a few short clips here and there on the news stations. Yawn.

I really have no desire to be publicly scrutinized for every utterance or outfit or nose blow, so no, I would not want to trade places with Kate.
Freebirds don't like to be in any sort of cage, no matter how shiny. :cool:

If every night, a chef cooked me chocolate pudding (not instant, but regular) made with milk, I'd trade places with Prince William in a hearbeat. And, does anybody here know if a prince gets to lick the chocolate pudding stirring spoon? (I have no idea why I'm asking you guys. As if you'd know).:)

CNN coverage was decent, although it was a huge mistake to have Anderson Cooper do it, talk about a duck out of water. Piers Morgan as Brit was pretty fun, but seriously wedding coverage so be primarily or even exclusively female, with some allowance for gay fashion designers or hairstylist.

The one thing that really struck me was when Anderson Cooper remarked their were more than 75 cameras in Westminster more than the 20 or so covering the Super Bowl. Piers Morgan quickly pointed out the Superbowl viewership is only 100 million or so and the wedding was 2 billion.

I woke up early and watched on BBC because I figured that the home team would have the best camera angles. Once in a while I surfed around the other channels. CTV had Tracey Ullmann as a panelist. She was hilarious!

This is my favourite picture. The kiss, of course.....but check out the expression on the 3 year old flower girl!

Last edited:
This is my favourite picture. The kiss, of course.....but check out the expression on the 3 year old flower girl!

That is a great shot . It reminded of my daughter's wedding . We have a picture of her three year old niece pulling up her dress to see what is under it .

I voted for trading places with William. I am sure that he can do quite a lot more than your average commoner his age. Most of all, in this international economic crisis situation. And I am sure that plenty of subordinates/sycophants would lend a helping hand in achieving this so much desired privacy.
Well, all this is quite true in Spain, where I´d say our Royalty have too much privacy.....:cool:.
Watching all the pomp, circunstance, luxury and media hype reminded me of our almost 5 mill unemployed:mad:

I would not change a thing. I am happy as the king of my domain, although my queen has some things to say about that! ;)

I think I would look stunning too in an $83k dress, with half a dozen people doing my hair and make up. :greetings10:

But then again...maybe not....

Ahhh happy trails to the new bride and groom...:)

I would definitely trade places with the boyfriend of Pippa Middleton (Kate's sister). ;)

Yes she is beauty also. Between Diana and Kate I think the House of Windsor has got much needed injection in the looks department.

Of course maybe it is just the men in the family, Prince Charles has not aged well, but the Queen is looking great.

Yeah, well my dime's on Prince Harry. He’s got a bit of that “bad boy” thing going on I find so intriguing. But still and officer and a gentleman.

Attachments

• Prince Harry.jpg
    Prince Harry.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom