Yep, the new economy

Wasn't it last week that we were worrying the economy would collapse because all the boomers would retire? Now we're worrying that teens can't get jobs because the older ones and immigrants are taking all the cheap jobs. I need a guide to figure out what to worry about each day.

Every Fast food place I drive by has a sign in the window 'help wanted' - I don't worry about these minimum wage jobs. There are plenty of them. Most people in the lower middle class have 2 or 3 each.

It's the lack of high paying middle income jobs that concern me.

BigMoneyJim said:
. . . I need a guide to figure out what to worry about each day.
Your problem is that you are a liberal. You tend to worry about the young without jobs, the old without security, . . . You probably worry about families in war-torn countries, about the national debt, and prisoners undergoing abuse. All this worrying can lead to stress, a lack of sleep and eventually a breakdown.

That's why I've decided to become a neo-con. Just say screw-em all -- only the rich should survive. Try it and you won't have to worry anymore. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

- SG said:
That's why I've decided to become a neo-con. Just say screw-em all -- only the rich should survive. Try it and you won't have to worry anymore. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Would I have to be hypocritcal right away? I'd have trouble with that. Are there conversion classes I could take?

But don't I need to be rich first? I mean, rich in the country club sense of the word, not in the "I'm far better off than starving people in China" sense of the word, since that's lib think, right? ;)

Cut-Throat said:
Every Fast food place I drive by has a sign in the window 'help wanted' -
Yes and there are loads of teens that would rather do nothing than touch one of these jobs.

Laurence said:
But don't I need to be rich first? I mean, rich in the country club sense of the word, not in the "I'm far better off than starving people in China" sense of the word, since that's lib think, right? ;)

If this were true they wouldn't be in power. The great thing about conservativism is that if you dream that you might be rich someday you can be a neo-con and support their policies to protect the money you hope to have someday.

(I should really know better than to jump back into political stuff. We finally let the dust settle on the election and SS stuff, and here I go again...)

You dang Frenchy-loving lib! ;)

Totally agree on that one. I have a lot of poor unltra-conservative friends, still dreaming of the day their "great business idea" turns them into millionaires. (sigh).....and I'm a McCain Republican. You see how he staved off the showdown in the Senate? That's my man. One of the few people who actually still cares, in my opinion. I hope someday those 14 Senators are remembered properly.

BigMoneyJim said:
Would I have to be hypocritcal right away? I'd have trouble with that. Are there conversion classes I could take?
Truley artistic hypocracy and a complete disregard for the facts will take time. But with practice and hard work you can become a knee-jerk, selfish, uncaring hypocrite just like our current administration. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Laurence said:
You dang Frenchy-loving lib!  ;) 

Totally agree on that one.  I have a lot of poor unltra-conservative friends, still dreaming of the day their "great business idea" turns them into millionaires. (sigh).....and I'm a McCain Republican.  You see how he staved off the showdown in the Senate?  That's my man.  One of the few people who actually still cares, in my opinion.  I hope someday those 14 Senators are remembered properly.

Always wished Jack Kemp would win the big one... :-\

BigMoneyJim said:
If this were true they wouldn't be in power. The great thing about conservativism is that if you dream that you might be rich someday you can be a neo-con and support their policies to protect the money you hope to have someday.

(I should really know better than to jump back into political stuff. We finally let the dust settle on the election and SS stuff, and here I go again...)

Well, I will jump in too. I am far from rich. Never have been, never will be.
No prospects whatsoever. Yet, I don't begrudge the rich their perks and politics, as long as they are not liberals. That I can not abide.

JG

- SG said:
Your problem is that you are a liberal.  You tend to worry about the young without jobs, the old without security, . . .  You probably worry about families in war-torn countries, about the national debt, and prisoners undergoing abuse.  All this worrying can lead to stress, a lack of sleep and eventually a breakdown. 

That's why I've decided to become a neo-con.  Just say screw-em all -- only the rich should survive.  Try it and you won't have to worry anymore.   :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
As Jonathan Swift suggested in "A Modest Proposal", 1729, the poor (in this case the Irish Poor) should sell their children for meat in England.

So many problems solved by this one step! Good that Bush is illiterate, or he might have already advocated this strategy for the American Poor.

H

Our Cheerless Leader would have implemented this idea but for fear of antagonizing his multinational agribusiness friends.

Wow, harsh crowd! I did laugh at the J. Swift reference, but that would go against his "culture of life". Only non U.S. citizens are open season in Bush country. ;)

This thread was good for a few belly laughs... hypocrite classes and hommage to the surrender monkeys... :)

Back
Top Bottom