You Neighborhood Walk Score

My old office address in the West Village came in at a 97, too. That neighborhood is the epitome of walkability, and totally similar to Hoboken in scale and density. In my dreams I will someday live in a 90s neighborhood...

lhamo

What is your walkability score

walkscore.com ranks your address on ease of walking to various amenities. Mine got 95 out of 100.

Pretty cool site. I live deep in the foothills and figured I wouldn't do well. 22

walkscore.com ranks your address on ease of walking to various amenities. Mine got 95 out of 100.

I merged your thread with the established one on the same topic.

a cousin of mine lives near don. what a great area. gosh, you can practically walk over to the white house and egg it for holloween. that alone has to be worth 10 points.

Mine is a 72--downgraded I guess because the movie multiplex is 3.1 miles away (actually more like 7) and nearest bar is 1.5 miles away (actually more like .75). Hospital and funeral home are both within a mile so we could go from cradle to grave in our location without a car....

Checked our daughter's address--website is considering a fertility clinic as a fitness facility....

Last edited:
Checked our daughter's address--website is considering a fertility clinic as a fitness facility....

Looked at from a broad perspective, what could be more relevant to fitness?

Ha

Looked at from a broad perspective, what could be more relevant to fitness?

Ha

'Hey Honey - I'm going down to the fitness center, T-Al says it's best to do the fitness routine at least 6 days a week....' >:D

And Bestwifeever, if your post meant that the fitness center *is* your daughter's address (rather than walking distance *from* your daughter's address like I thought), I apologize in advance for the crudeness ;) :D

-ERD50

No problem, ERD--it's not her address, it's just across the street from her. I thought it was funny that a fertility clinic was considered a fitness center, but I couldn't come up with the funny quip like you and Haha did :)

My house gets a 58, which seems about right ("50-70: Some stores and amenities are within walking distance, but many everyday trips still require a bike, public transportation, or car.")

I got 12/100, but they said that the nearest market is 2.5 miles away, when it's actually 8.
Wow. :eek: Where do you live, Al?

Back
Top Bottom