Your alcoholic drink of choice?

What alcoholic beverage do you drink most often?

• Beer

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Wine

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Spirits (bourbon, whisky, vodka, Jagermeister, etc.)

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • No alcohol

Votes: 14 12.6%

• Total voters
I have a close friendship with Mr. Jim Beam and if he isn't around, I hang out with the good folks who make Woodford Reserve.

A few times a year I like getting some lemons, squeezing them myself, making a sour mix on the stove, and having a freshly put together amaretto sour shaken so hard that a good half inch of foam sits on top of it. It's a lot of work, but worth it.

For the less ambitious days it's commercial beer or homemade wine.

On a hot summer day after yard work its a cold beer for me. In the evening Jim Beam (black label) on the rocks.

I picked Wine for the poll - all times of year, all types

But also enjoy:

Margarita - summer - 2 parts high quality tequila, 1 part Cointreau, 1 part home made lemon lime syrup (1 part simple syrup, 1 part fresh lime juice, 1 part fresh lemon juice). No blended frozen deals.

Scotch, Whiskey and Whisky - many different types - usually winter

Occasionally Sambuca, sangria and Bailey's - not mixed together.

Beer rarely these days and only if it is fresh and high quality.

I actually drink less than this post would suggest.

Equal opportunist here - depends on situation. I like most varieties of wines, dark stouts and porters, in addition to hefeweizens, but I too judge beers upon occasion, so others get into the palate mix as well! Certain mixed drinks are fabulous when they are house drinks - e.g. there is a marina restaurant in Port Washington, NY that has an amazing pineapple mixed drink. Margaritas are a must with Mexican food!

Red sangria over crushed ice with an extra splash of lime juice. Or....Southern Comfort and diet ginger ale with a dash of bitters over ice.

yum

I've been drinking less and less but when I do drink my preference is non-rail vodka with any number of mixers such as cranberry, lemonade, or energy drink. I also drink cheap domestic beer on occasion.

I'm not much of a drinker but when I do it is a bottle of French champagne or a Lemon Drop if I am in the cocktail mood.

Coors Lite draft - usual fare when out and about
Rolling Rock, St Pauli Girl, Labatts, Molson - at home
Red wine, sweet varieties - Lambrusco, Sangria (box), Hazlett Red Cat (NY Finger Lakes), Cabernet Savignon - at home and if the price is right when out. Occasionally buy some Mountain Rhine wine in a box :blush:
Vodka and Cranberry with a splash of OJ, pineapple and/ or limeade - using much more fruit juice than a standard drink mixture, lots of ice, frappe in a blender, serve in a frozen glass pint - at home during the heat of summer :cool:

Mainly Beer. Like the dark ales. But won't turn down a decent cheap lager either!

Like the spirits too... tequila (100% blue agave anejo.. e.g., Don Julio). Mixed drinks with vodka or rum.

DW likes wine... partial to red wine.

Occasionally, Bota Box Chardonnay wine.

Usually, raspberry lemonade generic brand Crystal Light with vodka (supposedly the fewest calories of any liquor).

Free is my preferred drink.

Usually wine, sometimes beer. Preferred wines? I like most varieties with the notable exception of Reisling.

I suspect that part of the swing back to beer is due to economic factors. Beer is cheaper.

Favourite tippple is a medium bodied red wine, e.g. shiraz or merlot.

Red wine more than 95% of the time.

Exceptions:
Margaritas with Mexican food - a must.
An occasional single malt scotch.
An occasional sambuca, lemoncello, cognac, etc.
Champagne when the situation calls for it.
White wine with very mild fish (but a Pinot Noir with many fish dishes)
Beer when there's nothing else, if then. Though it was my drink of choice under age 30.

All kinds of wine... Cabernet and Cabernet blends, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blancs from CA and France (Sancerre especially), Petite Sirah, Rhone reds, CA sparkling and French Champagne, etc.

Favorite beers tend to be IPAs and Porters.

Spirits... martinis, scotch (especially Lagavulin 16 yr old), some bourbon and an occasional margarita.

I probably drink about as much as this post suggests :whistle:

Only drink "something" a couple times a month. Then it is either a medium dry white wine or red shiraz in the winter..and white wine or a Margarita in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom