Your Average Happiness Level

On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your average level of happiness?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 8 8.4%

Votes: 11 11.6%

Votes: 21 22.1%

Votes: 24 25.3%

Votes: 16 16.8%

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Voted for a 4, because I have been upbeat recently. Usually, it would be a 3. Nothing to do with work, just my gloomy self. When full-time at megacorps, it was a 2.
Well...glad to hear things are going better for you. :flowers:

I voted 9 because I have been retired for just over one year (I was 45 last year when I retired). It was lower when I was w*rking, even part-time in various ways from 2001-2008. The awful commute to my office, even 2 days a week, dragged down my happiness a lot. when it was 3 days a week it was worse.

Getting rid of a lousy and sickening commute was the big reason my happiness rose quickly.

OK, who is the person who voted "10", and what is going on to make you so happy most of the time? :D

Oddly enough, I was one of those that pushed the "10" button, even though this has been the absolute worst year of our lives. We have a perfect relationship, we each fill in the gaps in the other's skill set, we never get tired of being together, a huge benefit for ER's that expect another couple century's of life together.

Upon further contemplation if I was going to reflect the spirit of the poll and truly reflect an average, I'd have to determine what TromboneAl meant by Average... If I have 10 great days, and 1 horrible one, do I average 9? If most days mostly wonderful, but I inevitably experience those moments of anger and loss and why is life so unfair, do I let it ruin the entire day, or am I "downgrading the quality of the day a couple of rating points? Good questions.

Basically, My life with the IGBW is perfect, except for events this year that truly sucked beyond all measure and have left a hole in our hearts that can never be healed.

So I equiocate. Most of each day is a 10. With periods of 0-2 thrown in.

On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your average level of happiness or contentment?

Interesting question. After dancing or something physical, 10. After sitting around playing office politics with coworkers, 1. Watching the Giants finally playing up to their level for a freaking change, 10. :)

I was the 3rd one who hit the "10" button.....but only because I'm thoroughly happy AND content. Life is full of choices, and over the years I've made the choice to always look on the bright side of things, even if the situations or circumstances are anything but sunny and bright. My happiness and contentment aren't based on 'things' or 'people' or any other external causes. It's based solely on a deep-seated inner peace, that isn't shaken by outward forces or circumstances.

“There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” ~ Epicetus ~

And this quote from our old friend, CFB:

"To be truly happy, one must live absolutely in the present, with no thought of what's gone before, and no thought of what lies ahead."

And this quote from our old friend, CFB:

"To be truly happy, one must live absolutely in the present, with no thought of what's gone before, and no thought of what lies ahead."

Or from Eleanor Roosevelt:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present."

I wavered between 7 and 8. Everybody has some down days but overall things are about as good as I could hope for. Winning the lottery would help but that probably wouldn't change much anyway.

If I have 10 great days, and 1 horrible one, do I average 9?

Yes, that was my intent. Ten 10s and a zero, and your average happiness is 9.1.

I voted 7. it´s only my fault that I am not happier. If not for my wife it would have been a solid 4.
Funnily enogh I´m never in a bad mood:confused:

I voted 9. How's that for a guy who's still w*rking? ER would make it a solid 10.

My job pays well, is very secure and still enjoyable 90% of the time.

DW is going to ER in June and I gets lots of vacation time. We both love to travel and will now be able to get away more than ever.

All the kids and grandkids live in the area and we all enjoy each others company.

We have lots of good friends in our lives.

We've never been better off financially.

Very generously, a 5. Wrong time of year to ask, as I am growing to hate winter more and more with each passing year.

Very generously, a 5. Wrong time of year to ask, as I am growing to hate winter more and more with each passing year.

I hear ya. I haven't seen the sun for weeks, and a great amount of snow/rain/ice is falling. I think the sun is hibernating. My way to cope is to plan a tropical vacation. That brings a lot of happy thoughts. :whistle:

Well, many of us are "children of the 60s". Perhaps it's just the residual effects of the drugs:cool:
If you still think of the 60s as the druggie generation, you've not been keeping up with the times! :)

It's good to know that I'm pretty typical at 7. I thought most people were happier than I.

I'm genuinely sorry for you guys coming in at 5 and below. That sounds like no fun.

I would love to be a 10...in looks, happiness, wealth..etc...

The only way I'm a 10 is in regards to my boot size. :blush:

...I'm genuinely sorry for you guys coming in at 5 and below. That sounds like no fun.

I can't speak for others, but I am fine as is. Have always been somber since a kid. I am in fact a bit leery of cheerful people, though I frequent this forum so some of it may rub off on me. But not too much though... :)

However, I cannot stand being angry, and do not like to be around angry people.

:)10

Lesseee, it was 8 F this morning, got the fire in the stove going in a few minutes to a blaze, DW had the coffee done by the time I made it to the kitchen, then stood at the window watching the the payers of my SS moseying to w*rk.

In living color and exquisite detail with my new plastic eye implants.
coolsmiley.gif
Get to wear real sunglasses.

Not w*rking, and now on the dole as well. This is the good life.

Now if this poll was in the summer it might have been a vote of 8.

...I'm genuinely sorry for you guys coming in at 5 and below. That sounds like no fun.
I voted a 5 for myself, but remember the poll indicated an average. Personally, I feel like an 8 or better half of the time, but I clearly recognize I have some 3 days also. These pass quickly and then I'm off and running again. Some may call it mood swings, I call it living life. :D

It all evens out for me. :flowers:

Growing up in the PacNW I thought happiness was illegal - you know sorta like the Sun.

Gumpy is good - just don't take yourself too serious.

Don't they have meds for happy? - you know like they do for depression?

heh heh heh - a day without whinning is like a day without sunshine. And after 30 yrs in New Orleans - my 4th yr of Missouri winter is still fun - cold, ice, snow and all. Maybe a white Christmas this year. Bah Humbug - :LOL::LOL::LOL:;);) - and yes I'm just kidding. I voted 5.

Don't they have meds for happy? - you know like they do for depression?
Well, there was this stuff that Timothy Leary was fond of that took my "happy" away a few times... not enough times to matter, however.

I recently watched a Discovery channel program on Earth's history... Pretty amazing, but one thing that stood out was how for billions of years organisms have tried to survive on this rock, most died a horrible death after a short lifespan filled with dangers, hunger, etc. Even today most or all of us on this board are so much better off than 99% of Earth's population (and that is just among humans)... Sometimes not being happy seems like a sin! :)

I voted 3 - my FIL was hospitalised just after we left for holiday so we had to cancel the holiday in Bali and turn around and come back home, one of my children has a cold (as do I), my other daughter broke my glasses (a real PITA) and my taxes are due shortly. Fortunately, these are all temporary (FIL is improving) - ask me again in a few weeks time and I will vote higher (in spite of being back at work).

I voted 3 - my FIL was hospitalised just after we left for holiday so we had to cancel the holiday in Bali and turn around and come back home, one of my children has a cold (as do I), my other daughter broke my glasses (a real PITA) and my taxes are due shortly. Fortunately, these are all temporary (FIL is improving) - ask me again in a few weeks time and I will vote higher (in spite of being back at work).

I am so sorry to hear about all of this! Sometimes life just stinks (luckily, not for long in most cases). I hope your life improves very, very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFVo02K_CAc

Back
Top Bottom