Your Average Happiness Level

On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your average level of happiness?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 8 8.4%

Votes: 11 11.6%

Votes: 21 22.1%

Votes: 24 25.3%

Votes: 16 16.8%

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your average level of happiness or contentment?

I was first to vote WHOOT!

I chose 8 and reason is that it varies so much day to day. However, at it's lowest it would be 6 but will never be 10.

Therefore I choose 8, the middle road between the two.

I guess over the last fifty years or so I have averaged in the 8-9 area. However, there have been years that approached zero but, overall, they were offset by more than my share of tens.

Hmmm...this was a harder question to answer than I thought.

I chose 7...which is a bit higher than my first gut reaction. I put it up a couple of notches because I simply can not remember a day I have not found some type of pleasure or laughed at least once.

Yeah...a 7, all in all so far a pretty good life. :)

I chose 8 and reason is that it varies so much day to day. However, at it's lowest it would be 6 but will never be 10.

Therefore I choose 8, the middle road between the two.

I chose 7. I figure I'm around an 8 or so 80-90% of the time and maybe a 4 or so 10-20% of the time, so that averages out to a 7-7.5. You are always going to have a bad or stressful day every once in a while, and I feel like a 4 at best when I get sick or under the weather (or have a hangover like today lol).

Focus on the positives and set yourself up to experience positive things as frequently as possible. Take negatives in stride.

Chose 8. I'm a pretty happy camper :)

I have this Curmudgeon certificate downloaded from this very forum.

Grumpiness is a tough job but somebody has to do it.

Plus I don't take myself that serious and during off hours:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::D:whistle:

heh heh heh - silence is golden. ;).

Are we at Lake Wobegon or are ER's just happier than average? Better gestalt perspective on life?

Are we at Lake Wobegon or are ER's just happier than average? Better gestalt perspective on life?

I can only say that while I was working (especially my last job) my happiness average would have been about a 3.

Those of us still w*rking probably dragged the average down...:nonono:

Regardless, I chose 7 because I am a generally happy person. When I left my last j*b I was probably at 5, which was when I knew I needed to get out of there.

Well, many of us are "children of the 60s". Perhaps it's just the residual effects of the drugs:cool:

I picked 9 because I'm just 9 days, 4 more working days away from retiring and I've got nothing but good possibilities ahead of me. It's not a 10 because I just said goodbye to one of my most favorite people in the world and who knows if or when I'll ever see him again.

I voted 5 because this is the average you're looking for. I might have voted differently if you had asked for the median. And of course we need a separate vote on the standard deviation. :cool:

OK, who is the person who voted "10", and what is going on to make you so happy most of the time? :D

I think we need separate polls for ERs and ER-wannabes.

I voted 8. I am rarely euphoric but almost never unhappy (other than over a specific incident or hassle).

If you asked for how "content" I was, it would be higher, if that makes any sense.

OK, who is the person who voted "10", and what is going on to make you so happy most of the time? :D

They would answer you, but they're probably busy jumping up and down with joy.

If you asked for how "content" I was, it would be higher, if that makes any sense.

Makes sense to me. Happiness is puire feeling. Contentment includes cognition. At the end of a very difficult but successful day one is not often happy, but frequently content.

Ha

Voted for a 4, because I have been upbeat recently. Usually, it would be a 3. Nothing to do with work, just my gloomy self. When full-time at megacorps, it was a 2.

Med's baby!
img_886488_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif
But I didn't vote 10, just an 8.

Back
Top Bottom