Your best musician?

I'd go with a player who transformed an instrument or changed the direction of music entirely.

Andre Segovia
Bach
Glenn Gould
Louis Armstrong
Miles Davis
Stanley Jordan
Charlie Hunter
Jimi Hendrix

There are many others that qualify. These are some of my favorites.

Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)

Ramsey Lewis. Jazz composer, Pianist.

Here is a sample:

Last edited:
Get Out Of Town. I actually had a chance to hear and talk with him at the London House. Great choice!

I never seen him, Do have 6 or 7 LPs of his music. His music gets under my skin, the tunes resonate in my head for days. Pleasantly. I could never figure out what is in his music, I just really like it.

I never seen him, Do have 6 or 7 LPs of his music. His music gets under my skin, the tunes resonate in my head for days. Pleasantly. I could never figure out what is in his music, I just really like it.

He's very warm and nice. What I wanted to hear was "Since I Fell For You". He didn't play it, but I didn't care.

At this particular moment Id probably say Paul Simon

Let's be sure that we're offering "best" musician instead of "favorite" musician.

To me, best refers to someone who is blow-away skilled at playing, singing or writing music. I have lots of favorites who would hardly be considered skillful musicians.
The above is why I picked Steve Winwood. He's one of those who plays many instruments, writes, sings, group or solo, many genres, and has been performing professionally for about 60 years.

I am sure there are many others besides Winwood, but I sure like his music.

I've always been fascinated by Stanley Jordan's virtuoso guitar playing. Incredible stuff.

Neil Young

There is just something about his music...maybe memories.

Muddy Waters. Love the blues. Muddy had the blues oozing out of every pore of his skin.

Back
Top Bottom