2018 YTD investment performance thread

Somewhere around 72% YTD. I feel like with these numbers I can ignore the stuff after the decimal point. :angel:

I'll wire you a half million if you promise to keep this up with my money. :dance:

That’s a strong start to the year. Are you leveraged ? What positions made your half year ?

I never use leverage although I do trade options sometimes which is a ghetto leverage I guess. I mostly buy stuff low and sell it high.

I'll wire you a half million if you promise to keep this up with my money. :dance:

I wouldn't even set up an account for my mom, even though she asked me to trade for her! Too much guilt if things go sour.

nice !!

but be mentally prepared for a lesser outcome next year ( so you aren't crushed by disappointment IF it happens )

i hope the formula keeps working for you

OK - finally after 3 months of traveling on and off, I updated the spreadsheets.

As I expected, pretty much flat for first half 2018. Retirement assets are up just under 1%. Same with total investable assets after spending.

On 6-29-18, up 4.3%

Up 1.44%. Market hasn't gone anywhere and neither have I :).

Up 2.4%. Gee, if I didn't buy FBSOX (up 14.63%) early in the year, I'd be flat at this point. Dumped some international/EM bond funds recently as they were going nowhere.

Up 2.11%. Okay overall I guess.

I'll buck the trend and just report overall increase of all investments.
2.02% - 1 month portfolio increase to end of July 2018
5.18% - YTD portfolio increase

~75% of the increase above is performance.

Equity/Fixed/Cash 52/43/05 is the AA we shoot for...

+4.02% --77/20/3(stock/Bond/Cash)
with 65/35 Domestic/International stock split

I started the year with $738,633 in my retirement accounts and now have $1,010,536. So I'm up 37% YTD? Pretty sure my boglehead 3 fund 60/40 portfolio isn't making 63% annual. Most of that is contributions.

8/1/17-8/1/18 10.3% Annualized 16.73%
YTD 3.41% Annualized 21.29%:dance:

Last edited:
2.3%YTD, 7.8% 1year

80/15/5

This is the first year I'm under 8% returns bummer

Yes... stocks/fixed income/cash... or sometimes just two numbers... in which case stocks/fixed income.

3.04% YTD thru July 31 for me... up from 1.06% at the half year.

Disappointing compared to the last few years, but even after withdrawals for living expenses my nestegg is higher than at the beginning of the year and the increase exceeds my expected withdrawals for the rest of the year... so no complaints.

Jan. 1st to July 31st is 8.17 and 12 month YTD is 4.69%. I am thankful for those numbers.

Back
Top Bottom