Amazon Prime Day

I'll let DH know he was one of 56,000! Assuming that's the Blu-ray edition - it probably wasn't. That many people have Blu-ray players? We hardly ever use it though.
But having the set looks impressive on the shelf....then when it airs on TBS, you'll watch that instead.:D

I was joking. I never short Amazon, Netflix or any company who doesn't make money.

The only good shorts are companies who make lots of earnings.

I actually considered the iRobot Roomba but decided I would only be buying something I didn't need because they said it was on sale... If I decide I want it that bad some other day, I'll wait for another sale. Anyone have one of these? Good or bad reviews?

I actually considered the iRobot Roomba but decided I would only be buying something I didn't need because they said it was on sale... If I decide I want it that bad some other day, I'll wait for another sale. Anyone have one of these? Good or bad reviews?
Mine was kind of fun to watch, but you had to block off stairs and stuff and pick everything up. Not really much less work that using a regular vac, I found. And then the battery started lasting only 30 minutes, 20 minutes, 15 minutes, and it went on the shelf until a couple years later I tossed it. That was quite a while ago, maybe they are using better battery technology now.

The sale seemed like it was great for Amazon resellers or resellers in general. I found nothing exciting when roaming the "prime day" page.

Mine was kind of fun to watch, but you had to block off stairs and stuff and pick everything up. Not really much less work that using a regular vac, I found. And then the battery started lasting only 30 minutes, 20 minutes, 15 minutes, and it went on the shelf until a couple years later I tossed it. That was quite a while ago, maybe they are using better battery technology now.

Definitely way too expensive for a short life. However, it does seem like the technology has improved a lot in recent models.

I've had one for a few months now and like it. It doesn't replace a good vacuum, but lets me go longer between vacuuming and keeps the floors (mostly wood, some area rugs) much less dusty/gritty. I no longer find dust balls under the beds and couch when I have to look/crawl under there. My SO is allergic to dust so this is important. We set it to run when we're normally away from the house.

It does get stuck fairly often on our IKEA "Poang" chairs, because they have a low slat that rests on the ground, and the Roomba tries to climb over it. Maybe 1 out of 4 times I'll come home to find the Roomba out of its dock and stuck. No biggie, just reset it. I'm trying to figure out how to keep it away from the Poangs though.

FWIW, I bought a pair of shoes on Prime day that almost never go on sale (they've been on my wishlist for a couple years), but were 30% off. Hooray, I'm a statistic!

Since my lakeside camp is far from all civilization, only a few channels available from 80 miles away in Iowa. I used to bring my DirecTV box from home, but this year, with some new policy, it won't work, and I don't have a HDTV to get even those few channels...
So...
Prime day... gonna look for cheap HDTV... Amazon? Nada... So on Thursday I looked and found this, on Walmart.
Sceptre E245BV-FHD 24" 1080p 60Hz Class LED Full HDTV (1.81" ultra-slim) - Walmart.com
$25 for opening a Walmart CC, so the price is now $105. Ordered it on Thursday morning, and received it at 10AM today (Saturday)... free shipping.

Works as a great 24 inch monitor, so I'm keeping it at home and ordering another for the lake. Love it... all the bells and whistles, and a nice picture.
Now, DW likes it too, so maybe a third one in the works... All because y'all brought up the Amazon Prime day. :greetings10:

Last edited:

I bought one and found that oriental rugs and roomba don't like each other. Roomba gets caught in the fringes. After not using it a while tried it in a different room and the battery started its journey to permanently empty.

I gave up on my Roomba a few years ago. Now I just use a shopvac. Handles dog hair and sand way better than the little vacs!

Back
Top Bottom