Another Quiken question

LovesLife

Recycles dryer sheets
I am using Quicken Premier 2004. Last week I bought some bonds in my brokerage accont at VG. The bonds were from AmCntry, not VG. When I updated my acconts on Quicken, it recorded a cash transaction but didn't show a bond purchase. Now I have a cash balance in my Quicken account.

Do I need to manually enter in the purchase? Will I have to update it manually as well?

Thanks for your help. I have used Quicken for a few years for my daily expense tracking but am new to using it for tracking investments.

LL

LL,
I'm not sure I understand. When you say that the bonds were from AmCntry do you mean individual bonds or a bond mutual fund? When you updated your Quicken accounts, did you do a download from VG or did you enter the purchase manually?

The funds from AmCentury is a bond fund. I did a download from VG and it did not show up on in Quicken. It did, however, show as a purchase on my account at VG when I look at my account online.

The only transaction that shows up on my quicken is that now I have a cash balance for the amount of the bonds that I purchased. The only thing that I can think that is different is that the bonds were purchased through my brokerage account since they were not VG funds. All other funds that I have bought have been VG funds and they show up just fine.

Thanks for your help.

LL

If I'm not mistaken, Vanguard treats Vanguard mutual fund accounts completely separate from their brokerage accounts. I haven't done this before but it may be that you need to do a download from your brokerage account - again, I'm just guessing!

It still didn't work for me. I went to VG, logged on, went to the tab to download transactions (upper right corner), checked the account I wanted to download transactions to, and saved the file to quicken as a .qfx file. I went to quicken and tried to import the file and it looks like it was saved as a wordpad or something.

Any ideas?

LL

I am such a dummy ::) :-[ ::) :-[ ::) :-[

I forgot to first create the account in Quicken.

Thanks for your help, oldbykur. Everything is working fine now.

LL :)

Back
Top Bottom