Join Early Retirement Today

Another saving tip. Watch TV on PC!!! Share your link.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Another saving tip. Watch TV on PC!!! Share your link.

I try to watch TV on my PC because it saves time and eliminate as much as commercial as possible. Here are what I use to watch online

a) espn360.com This site allow you to watch live sports and replay of recent event like the Australia 2010 Tennis Open.

b) fearnet.com. 10-15 movies are available with very limited of commercial ads.

I checked Surf the Channel and Hulu both are very limited because of the Megavideo time watch limited. There are way to go around but it's a pain. I like to watch other channel but having a hard time to find a good one. Kindly share your link.

enuff2eat
Enuff2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Nice tip, but I don't watch much TV. Have been spending too much time BS'ing in this forum.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

DW likes to watch ESPN 360. I like watching old TV series on Hulu.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thanks. I'm also trying to watch more TV on internet - it's hard to find good sites - and some of the video sites seem to have more commercials than regular TV...
Delawaredave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuff2Eat View Post
I try to watch TV on my PC because it saves time and eliminate as much as commercial as possible. Here are what I use to watch online

a) espn360.com This site allow you to watch live sports and replay of recent event like the Australia 2010 Tennis Open.

b) fearnet.com. 10-15 movies are available with very limited of commercial ads.

I checked Surf the Channel and Hulu both are very limited because of the Megavideo time watch limited. There are way to go around but it's a pain. I like to watch other channel but having a hard time to find a good one. Kindly share your link.

enuff2eat
I've use Hulu but think the quality is poor. I'm not sure if that's my computer's problem or Hulu's (or some point in between).

I don't undersand the meaning of "limited because of the Megavideo time watch limited". Maybe you could expand on that.
Independent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Comcast has a partnership with fancast.com. So, if Comcast is your ISP, you can get some good HD content from that site. Look into it.

Jon Stewart's daily show is on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News
walkinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

A caveat to some of these sites: they only work if you use an American ISP. For instance if I go to nbc.com and try to watch the office it'll tell me I can't because I'm not connecting from inside the US.
schmidtjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

I thought about getting to one of those PC to TV services (one time purchase) in an attempt to keep up with my home sports teams when I'm out of town. However, I wasn't sure how legit or any value those services are so decided to get a Slingbox. Now I can watch my home tv broadcast on my laptop computer. (It still isn't perfect for games as my broadband speed is not superfast which means lower resolution when viewing through the internet, but I set my Slingbox window on a small screen setting and imagine I have an old Sony watchman color TV ). I'm quite happy with my setup.
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Nice tip, but I don't watch much TV. Have been spending too much time BS'ing in this forum.
and to think I took everythng you post to be the gospel truth...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

No mention of Boxee yet? I don't use it, but since we're paying for satellite to the tv the bigger screen gets watched.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote