Author/Pundit Excepts Big Smash in 2009

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
WWW.THEWALLSTREETTRAFFICLIGHT.COM

Lots of data, and to my eye at least lots of data mining and curve fitting.

Still, it shows that there have been times- mostly in the 30s, when horrible years were followed by other horrible years.

2008 has made me more interested in going to primary sources like newspapers for the stock market history of the 30s.

I wonder if our current electronic news outlests will make good sources in 80 years for people trying to understand the smash of '08?

Ha

I, on the other hand, have begun to rely more on less common resources as things look bleeker. Such as (but not limited to):

John Mauldin's Outside the Box

Rarely have I seen in newspapers any deep thinking such as (found in above link):

There was a merchant in Baghdad who went to the market with his servant. There they saw Death, who stared at the servant in what seemed a threatening way. Later the servant said "Master, lend me a horse. I shall ride to Samara, and there Death will not find me." The merchant did so, then returned to the market, where he again saw Death, whom he approached and asked why he had stared at his servant in such a threatening way. Death responded, "I wasn't threatening him. I was just very surprised to see him here in Baghdad, since I have an appointment with him in Samara later this afternoon."

(More in line with my signature lines.)

RonBoyd,

That was a fascinating read - I'm supposedly a Nomad - hmmm, don't like the suggestion about amoral, but the other part of the description (besides bad) fits. My parents - one was not a boomer and the other was - by one year. They did not behave in the crazy ways the boomers have over the years, however.

The author was right on in describing the spirality (word?) of history - great analogy.

Thanks for posting - Bridget

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom