Bail Out Number (I lost track of the #)

OAG

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Something confuses me about the latest Car Bailout (which is nothing new, I am confused by most of them). Here we have a few companies that have been literally bleeding cash at a rate of about $3-6 Billion Dollars A MONTH and we want to give them another $50 Billion. I know it is a "loan" but if they go belly up the loan does not get repaid. Frankly, I do not see the auto industry, and new car sales coming back to a profit in the next 8-10 months, when the money will be used up. Then what, another bailout, bankruptcy, some magic we do not know about?

Reid, Pelosi Urge Treasury to Extend Aid to Automakers

OAG,

I think we are starting to see the chickens come home to roost. Every industry is thinking "If the government can bail out the investments banks, insurance companies, mortgage companies, mortgagees, farmers, people living on the coast/floodplains, etc. why not us?"

Quite frankly, I understand their position. While no one should have been bailed out by the government IMHO, I understand why everyone is standing with their hand out. They would not be good steadholders for their stockholders if they did less.

I would have my hand out except every time I do the government thinks it means I want to "contribute."

Back
Top Bottom