Banking Fees

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
My fellow Americans are being eaten up by monthly banking fees and do not feel the pain. The solution? Increase the fees!

"Most people tell us they appreciate not being embarrassed in front of a cashier telling them they don't have enough money in their account," said Carol Kaplan, an ABA spokeswoman. "They would rather pay the overdraft fee than go through the embarrassment of not having enough money."
Banking Fees Are Rising And Often Undisclosed

Call me uncaring, unfeeling, insensitive, but I feel no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who can't be bothered to balance their checkbook. Let 'em pay.

With so many free-everything checking accounts out there now, I'm all for outrageous fees that are basically a tax against stupidity.

' you can't fix stupid '
whichever of those redneck comedians uses this line is absolutely correct.

I've never paid a dime to my bank. I plan to keep it that way.

I've never paid a dime to my bank. I plan to keep it that way.

Maybe not in 'hard' dollars.... but you are paying them big time... float, fees on CC from merchants... loans ? ....

They make money on almost everybody....

It is SO easy to get overdraft protection... and if they run through that and STILL spend then they deserve to pay the fees...

Keep em coming... I own a lot of bank stock!!!

I was talking to my neighbor, a retired branch bank manager, and he said his bank's all time money maker for years on end was bad check charges. And he said it was the same people time after time. :rolleyes:

Call me uncaring, unfeeling, insensitive, but I feel no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who can't be bothered to balance their checkbook. Let 'em pay.

Exactly! If you don't have the money, don't spend it. And if you can't be bothered to account for the money in your account maybe you shouldn't have an account.

Just realized I used the word "account" three times in one sentence and I didn't really feel like fixing it.

I have messed up a couple of times but I just go to the bank and explain what happened and the fix it. Once it was entirely my fault I wrote myself a check on my brokerage account and deposited it in my checking, I forgot to sign the check. But I told my banker how embarrised I was to make a stupid mistake and he fixed it. Then once I had a HELOC got a new one after I refinanced and told them to use it for overdraft protection. I overdrafted and they didn't take it from the HELOC but had canceled the protection from my credit card. I work a block from the bank so saw it online and ran over with money to find out what happened, they fixed it for me.
Most of the time the bank is reasonable with people that are usually good and get HELOC and credit cards and work with them when they have a problem, not expecting the back to loan them money they can't afford to pay back.

Back
Top Bottom