Blowin' in the Bond Markets

When Wall St. comes out with a new product[gimmick],hold on tight to your wallet.

This is nothing new. They securitized David Bowie's royalties back in the 90s. Bowie Bonds

In this case, the asset backing the ABS would be the pool of cash generated by performance royalties.

I hate to say it, but.... like the rest of us, Bob Dylan isn't getting any younger. In fact, he looks OLD to me. Really, really old (and I am 64, so what does that tell you). Plus, I suspect that his lifestyle, drug usage, and so on, has been very hard on his health.

So let me get this straight - - I'd be betting that an old, sick druggie musician (whose music I happen to love) would actually show up for performances, to generate my income? :2funny:

Not likely!

It's possible Goldman was having a difficult time finding investors.

Apparently, the bond as it was initially structured was only going to garner a rating of BBB- from the ratings agencies, only one notch above what's considered junk.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. Just don't get tangled up in blue. And don't think twice, it's all right.

Come investors and analysts who prophesy with your pen
And keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again.

I hate to say it, but.... like the rest of us, Bob Dylan isn't getting any younger. In fact, he looks OLD to me. Really, really old (and I am 64, so what does that tell you). Plus, I suspect that his lifestyle, drug usage, and so on, has been very hard on his health.

From the movie, PAUL
Paul: [Lighting a joint and takes a hit] Do you guys partake?
Graeme Willy: No. Thank you.
Ruth Buggs: I'll partake.
Paul: Are you sure? It's pretty strong ****. I get it from the military. I think this is the stuff that killed Dylan.
Graeme Willy: Bob Dylan's not dead.
Paul: [smiles] Isn't he?
Paul (2011/I) - Memorable quotes

Many years back I went to a Dylan concert. Put it this way, shortly after the show started, big clouds (not the misty rainy kind) formed over the audience.

So let me get this straight - - I'd be betting that an old, sick druggie musician (whose music I happen to love) would actually show up for performances, to generate my income? :2funny:

Not likely!

It is actually paid by royalties from sales and playing on radio stations....

Think about Elvis.... he has made a LOT more money after he died than before he died... royalties.....

It is actually paid by royalties from sales and playing on radio stations.

Aha! You are so right. Royalties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Performance royalties

"Performance" in the music industry can include any of the following:
  • a performance of a song or composition – live, recorded or broadcast
  • a live performance by any musician
  • a performance by any musician through a recording on physical media
  • performance through the playing of recorded music
  • music performed through the web (digital transmissions)

But what if listeners suddenly become, en masse, disenchanted with his decision to go electric?

;)

Who said "Never invest in anything that eats or needs painting?"

Bob Dylan is still eating, right?

...and could use some painting. :tongue: (Well, if I hadn't, someone else would have...)

Back
Top Bottom