Brinker Query

windsurf

Recycles dryer sheets
Is Bob Brinker still inthe timer business? He got a couple of years of my bucks and, in exchange, I got screwed for following the QQQ call (mentioned here a few times over the years). If he is out there, what's his take on the correction?

Yup, Bob Brinker is still in business with his radio show and his Marketimer newsletter. His take on the current decline of the stock market ( it's not a correction yet, the standard definition of a correction is a decrease of between 10% and 19.9%) is that he has been talking about, but not predicting, a correction for the last 2 issues of his Marketimer newsletter. His take on a correction is that it would be healthy for two reasons- (1) a good time for investors to add/invest new money into the market and (2) help to extend the time the market will go up andf the amount it will go up before the next bear market occurs.

I also took his advice on the QQQ purchase recommendation in the Spring of 2000 and his advice to take the tax loss and get out of QQQ's in September 2001 (September 10, 2001 !!! to be exact) with a loss of $172,000.

However, I also took his advice to get out of the market on January 18, 2000 and to get back into the market on March 13, 2003. I have been retired now for 6 years, take a 5.75% SWR, and my financial net worth is now 21% higher than when I retired. 2 out of 3 correct calls worked well for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom