imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Early, right now, but Dow is down $600.

long term?

How to handle this?

Early, right now, but Dow is down $600.

long term?

How to handle this?

How to handle this? It's a nice day outside, I'm going to the beach.

IMO like so many crises, I don't see this as a long term problem. This will blow over in a few weeks with both side coming to some sort of agreement.

Our economy remains sound, the dollar is strong(er), and our companies fundamentals are solid.

Stay the course unless you see this as a buying opportunity.

Again, JMHO.

Last edited:
It depends on what will happen next. If you know what and when the next event will occur, you can act accordingly. Otherwise best to ride it out assuming you have a few yrs of spending sitting in cash.

How do handle this?

Wait.

The best approach:

Attachments

• three-wise-monkeys-not-see-not-hear-not-speak-vector-21859214.jpg
    three-wise-monkeys-not-see-not-hear-not-speak-vector-21859214.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 132
Increased our exposure to snowbird real estate during the runup. We consider it an expense, not an investment. Also been holding dividends in cash for now.

It's a nice day outside (at least where I am). Ignore it.

I was tempted to buy a little today (since I had been trimming over the last couple of months to be able to convert IRA's to 403(b)), but decided to wait. No need to rush, we've been due for this.

Taking the DW to lunch. Then gonna chase her around the kitchen table until DS comes home from day camp. Gonna be a good day.

Eek!!! Well gee, here we go again, folks. :eek:

Oh well, it's been nice.

That said, just six months ago the Dow was hundreds of points lower than it is now.

I would like to tweak MichaelB's cowbell response just slightly, because I think the perfect response for today is "More BLUEBELL!" :LOL: Plus I plan to watch, wait, and do nothing. I'll diet later (yet again). Here is what you gotta get:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 537
Autumn equity sale starts early this year. I know it will be time to buy if Jim Cramer has back to back on air meltdowns. Cramer is talking buy on non china exposure stocks.

Luckily for me Fidelity and I cashed out about $800,000 that I had in one of my IRA’s so all that money has not been affected by the drop Friday or today so I’m gonna hold onto that cash position for the next few days and see what happens then I will jump right back in

I'm going to ride this horse a bit longer, not really concerned short term.

Full auto. Assuming the trusty Vanguard re balancing computers don't lose electricity I shall 'hurry up just stand there'.

heh heh heh - did hit the Chief's summer camp traffic on the way to DW's annual Family Reunion. The thought of 'a few good stocks' this fall during football season did cross my mind - briefly. :facepalm: ;) :cool:

As usual, I'm riding the storm out. Since I'm not retired and still putting money into the market, I figure I'm buying on sale.

I'll likely buy before the close today. If it drops more tomorrow, I'll buy again. Lot's of dry powder but I'm just not sure if it's dropped enough yet so I'll nibble at it for now.

Perhaps some Roth conversions now rather than December...

If the S&P500 breaks 2631 I think you will be able to buy under 2000.

The S&P500 is only 6% off its "ALL TIME HIGH" so not even a decent correction yet.

Back
Top Bottom