Danger, Will Robinsion, credit card alert silliness

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Ignore this post -- Danger, Will Robinsion, credit card alert silliness

I usually use my Discover card for purchases (those 5% cash backs :LOL:). As a backup I also have a Visa card from Bank of America that I don't use too much except for when places don't take Discover card.

So, I go to a Chinese restaurant with my sisters yesterday where I pay the bill (only about $25). Just now, I check my emails and notice and email alert, suspicious activity on my credit card, for only a $25 purchase at a place about 5 miles from where I live. To get my card working again, I needed to either call a number or go online and answer identifying information to proove I am who I am.

I do understand identity theft is a risk, but this is a little too far. Almost like one needs to get permission to spend $25 on a credit card. Kinda silly :(.

Maybe it's the cc company's way of trying to get me to use their card more. That is, if I don't use it each month, any charge shows up as irregular.

Edit: Ignore this post.. Moderators: Feel free to delete. I read an old email and thought it was current.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom