Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-27-2018, 12:37 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I was assigned a horrible account rep who lied, tried to pull a bait and switch, didn't listen to me and pulled a hard core sales pitch. I sent an email to the branch manager along with the email string and wasn't impressed with the response at all.

I then accompanied a friend to met with her Fido rep and ended up really liking the guy.

So, if you don't like the rep you are assigned, get a new one, they seem to really vary.

Helen is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2018, 04:31 AM   #22

I find the Fidelity Analysis Tool excellent for keeping track of CD/ Fixed Income. I use one for short term TBills and CD's. This is used for the next years IRA withdrawal. The other I use for income CD's. The tool is great with everything you need in a couple of clicks. Beyond the current avg maturity and yield , I find the monthly cash flow and other info invaluable. It takes less than 5 minutes a month to manage 75 holdings.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:37 AM   #23

The bond tools are excellent.
The planning tools are excellent.
The Visa card attached to cash management is 2% back on everything.
If you have high assets $1m+ or are an active trader, they give you Turbo Tax free.
Checks are free.
ATM charges are reimbursed worldwide.
The phone reps, the few times I needed them, are great.
There’s a good member forum there.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
The bond tools are excellent.
The planning tools are excellent.
The Visa card attached to cash management is 2% back on everything.
If you have high assets $1m+ or are an active trader, they give you Turbo Tax free.
Checks are free.
ATM charges are reimbursed worldwide.
The phone reps, the few times I needed them, are great.
Thereís a good member forum there.
Hmm..what's that? Always learning something new around here!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySucks View Post
Love the retirement planning tool. Play with it way too often. I enjoy doing What If changes. (My favorite this month was What If I get a part time seasonal job? It barely moved the needle. )
Where is the option to add other (part-time) income?
tgotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgotch View Post
Where is the option to add other (part-time) income?
Go under "accounts and income sources." You can add things there.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
Hmm..what's that? Always learning something new around here!
You have to be invited, but it a group that is (almost) as good as the folks here. Lots of good sharing of ideas and experiences. I am not sure of the requirements to get an invitation, but I got mine about 2 years ago after being with Fido for about 9 years total.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
You have to be invited, but it a group that is (almost) as good as the folks here. Lots of good sharing of ideas and experiences. I am not sure of the requirements to get an invitation, but I got mine about 2 years ago after being with Fido for about 9 years total.

Is it the Greenline Forum, or something else? I totally forgot about that. I did get an invite and surveys now and then but didnít get much out of it. I probably never took the time to see what it had to offer.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #29

Fidelity Clients--Share Your Suggestions, Tips, Tricks

I ďattendedĒ a webinar today on Fixed Income Investing. They had three fund managers describe the funds they run which are high, medium, and low risk. Pretty well done if you like that sort of thing. Itís available in the archive. Many of the webinar topics are oriented to trading and active management. They do have some tutorials on how to use the website.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
Is it the Greenline Forum, or something else? I totally forgot about that. I did get an invite and surveys now and then but didnít get much out of it. I probably never took the time to see what it had to offer.
Greenline is Fidoís research arm. The forum is something completely different.