Free on Kindle today

MissMolly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Saving For Retirement Without Living Like a Pauper or Winning The Lottery by Gail MarksJarvis.

Amazon.com: Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery eBook: Gail MarksJarvis: Kindle Store

Over the years, Chicago Tribune financial columnist Gail MarksJarvis has taken the time to listen and respond to thousands of her readers about the issues, questions, and concerns that are most important to them. Saving and investing for retirement has never been more important…and with this book, it’s never been clearer what you need to do and how to do it.

I snagged an ePub copy and skimmed through. It looks pretty decent. Nice free find.

thanks.

Thanks so much. As a new Kindle owner, I truly appreciate the heads up on such freebies!

Ditto what Marita said! I just got a touch for Christmas and so far love it. It would be really cool to have someone tell me about new free books like this!

Thanks very much.

Awesome, thanks! Just DL'd this to our Kindle Fire (which we didn't buy, because we're trying to LBYM, we got it as a surprise gift :) )

Ditto what Marita said! I just got a touch for Christmas and so far love it. It would be really cool to have someone tell me about new free books like this!

Thanks very much.

67walkon - Here is a great site that lists hundreds of books each day that are being offered for free on Kindle. Please note, at the time the list is posted, the books are free, but that status can change at any time, so always be sure to double check before you click "Buy". eReaderIQ.com | The Easier, Faster, Smarter Way to Kindle!

I check out this site every so often to see what's new from Amazon for free for the Kindle.

Free Kindle Books | Inkmesh

I filter the list for Kindle books (an option on the left of the screen).

One caution, though: Some books listed here as free are really offered as a free loan to Amazon Prime members - be sure to look at the price on the Amazon screen before you click on "buy now with 1-click".

(The "Kindle Purchase Price" is what you will pay)

Digital List Price: $3.99 What's this?
Prime Members: $0.00 (read for free)
prime-check-badge-14._V192185189_.gif

Kindle Purchase Price: $3.99

I have a gadget on my iGoogle page that lists free Kindle books. I only end up liking about 15% of the books I choose. You have to be careful because some turn out to be religious books.

I have also found the style of many older books can be tiresome. For example, I gave up on Ben Franklin's autobiography. Good but boring.

I have a gadget on my iGoogle page that lists free Kindle books. I only end up liking about 15% of the books I choose. You have to be careful because some turn out to be religious books.

I have also found the style of many older books can be tiresome. For example, I gave up on Ben Franklin's autobiography. Good but boring.
The link MissMolly provided gives the genre of each book. That should help week out subjects you don't care for.

Don't overlook all of the good free classics available. Here are a few promising ones I downloaded on the topic of finance:

"Theory of the leisure class" is about the origins of conspicuous consumption. It's been a good read so far. It is very old fashioned in style, but does a fantastic job studying the origins of consumer culture.:
http://www.amazon.com/Theory-Leisur...?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1325950732&sr=1-1http://www.amazon.com/Crowd-study-p...?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1325950902&sr=1-1

"Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" discusses the history of market bubbles. Looks promising:
http://www.amazon.com/Memoirs-Extra...6B1O/ref=pd_cp_kinc_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

"The Economic Consequences of Peace" the classic text by Keynes:
Amazon.com: The Economic Consequences of the Peace eBook: John Maynard Keynes: Kindle Store

"The moneychangers" by Upton Sinclar:
Amazon.com: The Moneychangers eBook: Upton Sinclair: Kindle Store

"An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith:
Amazon.com: An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations eBook: Adam Smith: Kindle Store

Thank you Miss Molly! I have downloaded this. It happens that I have a coin jar identical to the one on the cover, and it's just as full. I am currently rolling pennies into wrappers as they are no longer being made here in Canada, and I found that I have $40 in toonies alone. So I will be banking my loot in the near future!

Thank you Miss Molly! I have downloaded this. It happens that I have a coin jar identical to the one on the cover, and it's just as full. I am currently rolling pennies into wrappers as they are no longer being made here in Canada, and I found that I have $40 in toonies alone. So I will be banking my loot in the near future!

Thanks for the tip. I am downloading the book and am sharing info with friends.

And like you and the book's cover, we started a jar of coins, but it was quarters. We got $194. DH was stoked.:dance:

I don't have a Kindle or a Nook or any kind of tablet,just a 13" MacBook Pro.

However, when Mike Piper (The Oblivious Investor) came out with one of his books and free download, his email/blog let me know that I could get the Kindle for Mac for my laptop, so I did.

Now that was cool.

Thanks for the info, to all!

Thanks. I don't know if it is any good but the price is right!

Back
Top Bottom