Georgetown Univ Muni Bonds

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
How do these work? Georgetown U. is a PRIVATE school located in Washington, DC, but today's Wash Post had an ad for 4.5% coupon tax-free muni offered thru www.hjsimms.com. Would they be tax-free for DC residents only, or what? I could not find much info on the website, so I guess I would need to call thier 800 #

My friend and I went to Georgetown but when she discussed this with her financial advisor, she was steered to George Mason bonds because the school was on a sounder financial footing.

This is one area that I would try to do more research on rather than calling a company who is guaranteed to try to see you those particular bonds.

bssc said:
My friend and I went to Georgetown but when she discussed this with her financial advisor, she was steered to George Mason bonds because the school was on a sounder financial footing.

This is one area that I would try to do more research on rather than calling a company who is guaranteed to try to see you those particular bonds.

I don't think Georgetown is in any risk of going bankrupt........... ;)

FinanceDude said:
I don't think Georgetown is in any risk of going bankrupt........... ;)

FD, I agree. Still wondering how a private institution qualifies for muni bonds. G Mason IS public, so yeah thier bonds are probably higher rated (and lower coupon). The trick is getting a little extra yield along with the tax free benefit.

Back
Top Bottom