Ah, politics!     you gotta love it  :)

I am staying out of the "mud" today.  As far as "pigs",
I am going to fry up some bacon now.  This is allowed as
I am still on the "wab" diet  :)

Love and peace...............

JG

Amen brother......politics can get muddy. :D

I rest my case!!!!!!!!

Oh, no need to stop... Your posts are such diversions, what with the word puzzlers, neologisms, and paraphasias.

Regarding facts, in the contextRe: help in planing

FORMAL NAME INFORMAL NAME % ALL DEATHS
(1) Diseases of the heart  heart attack (mainly)  28.5%  
(2) Malignant neoplasms  cancer  22.8%  
(3) Cerebrovascular disease  stroke  6.7%  
(4) Chronic lower respiratory disease  emphysema, chronic bronchitis  5.1%  
(5) Unintentional injuries  accidents  4.4%  

Ed, your data stated in the context of childhood deaths of course pertains to the 55 yo and older age group.  For example, death due to Alzheimer's in a 5 yo would be quite phenomenal and reportable.  

The number 1 cause of death in children and adolescents is accidents, including buckets, guns, ... and far surpasses all other causes, including diseases of the body.

Ed, that was quite a tirade, :-X your not taking Rush's vitamins are you? Sounds like AM radio venom to me. I hope people don't think all N. MI people sound/act like this. Allthough we have the michigan militia, most michiganders are quite normal.....Shredder

I am happy Ed has joined us. It takes some pressure
off me, although it's not needed today as this is
"Kinder Gentler John Galt Day" (not to be confused with
Guy Fawks Day). Plus, he is a fellow shooter, big time
gun owner, liberal basher, and a "Yooper" to boot.
What's not to like :)

Peace and love.............and a "Can't we all just get along?" for good measure :)

JG

And another thing.............

Hey Shredder, by "Michigan Militia" did you mean The Posse Comitatis? Didn't know they were still in business. I used to love those guys.

JG

To respond to all the liberals on this thread I will stop confusing you with the facts, I keep forgetting that libs run on emotion.
They must be that what do you call them these days? METROSEXUALS? I don't understand them, I think we used to just call them bisexual. at any rate, I do agree with some of what rush says, and I disagree with some of what he says. that is the difference between me and most liberals, most liberals follow blindly what the leaders spew.. so you get the party in the shape it is in today.
Run by old hippies that were good a growing high end pot but they did not change the world. and are pissed.
Sorry your plans did not work out. but we have a country to run and it is more important that letting you guys burn out. So just chill and smoke a fatty

To respond to all the liberals on this thread I will stop confusing you with the facts, I keep forgetting that libs run on emotion... Sorry your plans did not work out. but we have a country to run and it is more important that letting you guys burn out. So just chill and smoke a fatty
As a liberal, I cherise my right to question all gov't policies, never 'smokes a fat one,' I do not run on emotions or blind acceptance. Which is probably why I am completely confused as to why you state you want to retire but are afraid to do you on a 835k nest egg and wifey who will continue to support you.

draw 1k a month from the cd intrest, my wife pays most of the bills from her income, and I save what I make in cd's,
Are you earning less than 1k a month? That's all you are really talking about replacing. Are you perhaps buying into some archaic system of work-until- you- die or are disabled? That 'retired' in the 1930's when SSA was developed to 'push' older workers out of the work force so that younger ones could have a job. We have advanced to being able to relish that long deserved time off to pursue other interests.

Is the emotion you are running on fear of the unknown? If your body is indeed giving out, why do you continue to punish it when you obviously do not need to do so financially?

Will those guns truly protect you from that internalized fear? If everyone starts packing, including extremists & grandma's with poor vision, will you feel safer? Will you then be able to face what is preventing you from FIRE which you claim you want to do? And what do the two -- guns and investments -- have to do with each other anyway? Other than buying stock in gun companies

gayl, I believe that the gun collecting was only a hobby for Ed. Packing a weapon to protect oneself is a right that everyone should have under the constitution. That does not mean that every law abiding citizen would avail themselfs of this right. In fact usually only a few percent of the people actually are carrying in gun legal states. But these few strike fear in would-be thiefs. Sort of like russian roulette.

My real point is that one has nothing to do with the other. Either you are financially and emotionally ready for ER or you aren't ... carrying a gun isn't going to make you any more or less prepared for the uncertainties that living off your investments / pension require. Political affiliation should not have a bearing on the issues in this venue .... unless you really think Uncle Sam is looking forward to sharing your house  :p

This is a serious question. If you have a permit
to carry a gun must it be concealed?

I have often thought it might be a good thing to
have a gun when I collect the laundromat receipts.
But it seems to me that it would be better to wear
the gun where would be robbers could see it as it
might scare them off.

What say you?

Charlie

i only know that in VA almost anyone can get a right to carry externally

This is a serious question.  If you have a permit
to carry a gun must it be concealed?  

I have often thought it might be a good thing to
have a gun when I collect the laundromat receipts.
But it seems to me that it would be better to wear
the gun where would be robbers could see it as it
might scare them off.  

What say you?

Charlie

Here in Nevada you can carry exposed without a permit. You need a permit to carry concealed. Supposedly the cops want to be able to see you have a gun on your person if you haven't been through the permit process.

Here in Texas I wouldn't recommend that you walk around with an exposed gun. Deputy Dawg is a tad to quick with his trigger finger and believe me you and your family would be trying to understand why you decided to pull your weapon.I hear some folks even put one in their boot - I swear to God!!! What is that Bat Masterson??

Most are very conservative ignorant asses that like to meet at the coffee/donut shop and use racial slurs and talk about the good ole days.

However, there is one exception that deserves mention - beautiful AUSTIN. Try it you'll love it!!!!

Austin is one place in Texas where I refuse to set foot. The Austonians are likely relieved to learn this fact.
I view Austin as a wart on the nose of an otherwise
beautiful woman.

JG

JG,
Austin is a fine city; probably the best large city in Texas and probably a competitor for great city in entire U.S. The biggest problem in Austin is growth; traffic snarls everything everywhere. 6th Street reminds me of Bourbon, without the Strip shows.

And just why don't you like Austin? Could it be politics :confused:

Hey john, I was told a good one about guns today, a fellow told me he was talking at work about owning guns, a coworker came up and said that they were good for nothing but killing, so he was equiped for killing people.
He said I looked at her and said and you are equiped for being a prostitute, It is how we use what we have that makes all the difference, but libs just will never get it. lmao

Hey john, I was told  a good one about guns today, a fellow told me he was talking at work about owning guns, a coworker came up and said that they were good for nothing but killing, so he was equiped for killing people.
He said I looked at her and said and you are equiped for being a prostitute, It is how we use what we have that makes all the difference, but libs just will never get it. lmao

If this really happened, this poor schmuck will spend the rest of his life in sexual harrassment class.

Mikey

Mikey, this is an old, and I mean old joke. It is funny, though.

gal's comments are not worth answering as they are snipes not questions or debate.
but as for the question about must you carry concealed? the answer is in every state that issues a ccw, which is 38 and counting, Yes you must it would be a crime to have it visible, if some one sees a lump in your shirt? to bad, they will just have to guess, but it must be covered.
women that have a thing against guns have never and I mean never shot a gun or even picked one up. If they say they have they are liars, once you learn about firearms, you learn that the myth about how deadly they are even when empty, is bull crap. like being afraid of fire and never having used it. dangerous? sure getting out of bed is dangerous, but if you are an ADULT. REPEAT ADULT you learn how to use tools, that is why very few women can use power tools correctly. they see a chain saw and think of Hollywood Texas chain saw massacres. They have not got a clue that cutting trees is a good thing. you can burn the wood for heat, make a table [if you know how to use power tools] and if you use cedar you can take the chips and put them in an old sock and put it in your top drawer for the aroma. the problem with liberals is they want the beef but don't want to know about the gut pile. every burger you eat there is a gut pile some where. every mcmuffin, pot pie, pizza with pepperoni, and the list goes on and on, even the Jell-O you make for your kids has animal by products. and there is that gut pile thing. I just choose to make my own gut pile.

gal's comments are not worth answering as they are snipes not questions or debate.

Ed's comments are not worth answering as they are incoherent, sexist ramblings.

Re: "Help" with everything

... that is why very few women can use  power tools correctly.
Ed, you know that the majority of Home Depot customers are women, right?

I've been trying to keep up but you've crossed the line too many times to merit further discussion. Good talking to you and have a nice life now...

Thanks ed t. for the bit of nostalgia you bring to this forum.

When I occasionally waste my time to read your shorter ramblings, :-/ I am reminded of the last scene from the movie "Easy Rider". I can sense the family resemblance between you and the passenger in the pickup truck. Yeh, the one that blows the Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda characters away. Of course, let's not forget the other movie's peaceful scene when Jack Nick's character's brains gets bashed in.
Does the 2nd ammendment cover the patriotic baseball bat as well?

Kill those mudda f--kin hippies, lawyas and "blue" commie liberals.

MJ :D

I've been trying to keep up but you've crossed the line too many times to merit further discussion. Good talking to you and have a nice life now...

My previous reply to him was my 1st and last.

I agree with you, responding to him, gets you only more of the same. :-X

Darn, where is that delete button? :D

MJ ;)

Back
Top Bottom