HSA recommendation

Scout

Recycles dryer sheets
I’ve searched the threads, but couldn’t find one directly addressing recommended/preferred HSA. I don’t see that Vanguard offers one. Honestly, I don’t even know how they’re set up or who manages/offers them.

Can you guys suggest some companies that uses Vanguard funds I can research (and hopefully why you choose it specifically)?

Thanks!!

Health Savings Administrators is the only HSA I know of that uses Vanguard funds.

We use Optum Bank, which I count has 17 Vanguard funds, including the LifeStrategy ones, Wellington and all the major index funds. We’ve only been on the HSA model for 5 months but so far, so good.

Health Savings Administrators.

Nice investment choices, but website nothing to write home about :popcorn:.

Health Equity and BofA are listed on Vanguard's website, as offering Vanguard funds along with Health Savings Administrators as noted above.

I simply googled the question and went right to the page.

Health Equity and BofA are listed on Vanguard's website, as offering Vanguard funds along with Health Savings Administrators as noted above.

I simply googled the question and went right to the page.

I recently switched to HealthEquity, good access to Vanguard funds (admiral).

I use Further (formerly SelectAccount), hellofurther.com. They offer at least some VG funds. I think you have to keep $1000 in the basic account early very little, and the rest can be invested. I think it's $30 in fees per year.

I use Further (formerly SelectAccount), hellofurther.com. They offer at least some VG funds. I think you have to keep $1000 in the basic account early very little, and the rest can be invested. I think it's $30 in fees per year.

I am also with Further (formerly Select Account)

What attracted me to them was:
- very low fees (ie ~$30 per year)
- access to a full blown Charles Schwaab brokerage account where arbritary stocks/ETFs/mutual funds may be purchased.

Note the fees are fixed and there is no "percent of assets" fee unlike Health Savings Administrators and HealthEquity.

https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/personal-finance/best-health-savings-account-providers/

-gauss

Last edited:
We use BenefitWallet (mybenefitwallet.com which is a part of savedaily.com). It's offered through megacorp, so I'm not sure if it's available for anybody to sign up. It requires $1k to be kept in cash reserve, but the rest can be invested. I believe the monthly fee is $3.50, but it gets paid for by megacorp as long as actively employed. There are several Fidelity and Vanguard options as well as a whole bunch of others from Schwab, T. Rowe Price, Pimco, Oppenheimer, etc. We're currently invested in the VSTX.

I use Health Equity. No maintenance fees if account balance is above $2500

Use hsasearch.com to search though everything that's out there.

HSA Bank has no fees if you maintain more than $5,000 in a savings account. They have a relationship with TDAmeritrade. ETFs and Mutual funds trade with no commission. You can replace many Vanguard mutual funds with equivelent Vanguard ETFs.

Just got an email from HSA Administrators about their new web portal starting 10/8. Hopefully, the new portal will be more intuitive than the current one.

Times are a changing ... fingers crossed :popcorn:.

Just got an email from HSA Administrators about their new web portal starting 10/8. Hopefully, the new portal will be more intuitive than the current one.

Times are a changing ... fingers crossed :popcorn:.

Hmmmm - the current web site and statements have been pretty pathetic, although I’ve been able to tease out the info I needed to track in Quicken. The previous statements when they used HSA Bank were very good. I hope the new stuff is better, not worse!

Hmmmm - the current web site and statements have been pretty pathetic, although I’ve been able to tease out the info I needed to track in Quicken. The previous statements when they used HSA Bank were very good. I hope the new stuff is better, not worse!

Can't be any worse :(.

Back
Top Bottom