I didn't DO it! :)

If it goes down much further next week....I have about $20K I was going to put somewhere. We have enough cash on hand for a couple of years.....so as long as the drop doesn't last too long I won't start twitching. I may need a few beers however.

Yeah, that's what they all say.:LOL:

Normal variation. I hereby predict they'll go back up uh, sometime.

I'm going to wait for a little more blood in the streets before I put some extra cash to work. A few more days like today ought to be sufficient.

Sorry, my fault. After selling all stocks in Oct 2012 and letting the proceeds languish in Vanguard money market last year, we finally bought back in at a high on the 9th and 14th of this month.

No worries...

Yeah, that's what they all say.:LOL:

Normal variation. I hereby predict they'll go back up uh, sometime.

Yes, I am pretty sure it will.

Meanwhile, I expect some of our members will be looking for a good buying opportunity. :D

No, It is my fault. I funded our 2014 IRAs on yesterdays dip. :blush:

So much for the January Effect.

But glad that I took profits by rebalancing on 1/2.

Not that I am extra smart or anything but that's my routine to rebalance at the start of the year. Better lucky than good. :)

Last edited:
A pullback of 10% or more is anticipated or normal after a big run-up in 2013.

So much for the January Effect.

But glad that I took profits by rebalancing on 1/2.

Not that I am extra smart or anything but that's my routine to rebalance at the start of the year. Better lucky than good. :)
Yeppers.

I rebalanced on December 30th. I really don't do it at a certain time of year, just when my AA is off 5 percent or more.

Taking profits makes me smile. :)

Now I just have to remember to buy back when I'm off 5 percent. ...or maybe 7 percent, or.....:angel:

Wait until next week when Apple posts $15 per share earnings...this drop will be forgotten.

I don't think it is time to buy yet. When I was working in a team of 4 people including myself and all of us had a Wall St. background, the universal buy signal we all paid attention to during 2010 and 2011 was to buy with both hands when my Dad would call and practically demand that we sell everything in his account. Just about every time I got one of those calls a purchase would have made money almost immediately.

Dad called today, but he was very easily mollified. I may have ruined my buy signal apparatus (Dad) by educating him, but I doubt it.

Buy and Sell Index Signals that you can count on

the universal buy signal we all paid attention to during 2010 and 2011 was to buy with both hands when my Dad would call and practically demand that we sell everything in his account.

That would be the DadIndex Buy signal proven reliable many times

Almost 100 years ago, financier J.P. Morgan said that when even the shoeshine boy gives stock tips, it's time to sell

The ShoeShine Sell Index - also very reliable

I think I will BUY and fund the IRA's next Monday or Tuesday. My spreadsheet is telling me it will drop one more time if I base the history lesson off of a runners triple jump philosophy. I see a one skip, a two skip...and I believe this is the long skip right before the CLIMB...

Markets will go slightly lower monday and tuesday but finish the week strong.

**My approach means absolutely nothing to most people lol

Well over the first couple of weeks this year, I made some portfolio changes in order to set aside in cash/near cash some funds that we will need for higher than typical spending over the next couple of years. In doing this we sold about 11% of our equities, so I'm glad that we got that completed before this little dip.

I don't think it is time to buy yet. When I was working in a team of 4 people including myself and all of us had a Wall St. background, the universal buy signal we all paid attention to during 2010 and 2011 was to buy with both hands when my Dad would call and practically demand that we sell everything in his account. Just about every time I got one of those calls a purchase would have made money almost immediately.

Dad called today, but he was very easily mollified. I may have ruined my buy signal apparatus (Dad) by educating him, but I doubt it.

I generally buy when my hands are shaking so badly, I can hardly type the buy order into the website.

Hopefully this is the correction everybody has been predicting.

I was just thinking a week ago wouldn't it be nice if the market dipped for today. I have my bonus being paid out and I'm using it to max out my 401k contribution for the year (plus 50% for company match which occurs immediately).

On the other hand when I look at my net worth graph, I can't even see today as a blip.

Well, somebody did it (the Wh*** thing), and is now denying! :(

The January effect had been advanced to December. I feared the correction was coming, but man, it's not easy to see nearly $60K down YTD. But I should be used to this by now. The most I have "lost" in a single day was $80K, and I did not have as much as I do now.

The question is when to go into "buy, buy, buy" mode. Market timing is never that easy.

Back
Top Bottom