I didn't say it... but great market lately!

As I was scrolling thru this thread...the Google Ads for investing strategies...struck me as funny :LOL:

BTW...still 65%to 70% in CDs and Cash..but have to admit I haven't looked at my equity positions. I tend to close my eyes and wait...when stuff like this happens. I picked up oil a couple of months ago.. picked up some gold and agriculture a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had picked up more ...but it will come down after the pain.

Another down day...

Dow: -0.88%. Nasdaq: -1.21%. S&P500: -0.61%.

My equity portion of portfolio: -0.54%. Hey, I beat all the indices. :rolleyes:

Wellesley: -0.18% again. But then, I just remember that only 1/3 of it is in equities. So, that low beta is actually not so exceptional.

Wow, accidental market timing pays off. I rebalanced on Friday to purchase more bonds and Tuesday and Wednesday get us half way to a correction. A government shutdown in a couple of weeks should finish it.

I must admit my partial complicity in the meltdown, although W2R deserves most of the responsibility :hide: I converted a chunk of the cash in my Roth to Wellington on Tuesday. I had to get the market to go down SOMEHOW so I can convert the rest!

Amethyst

60/40 - 1974, 84, 94, 2004, And the Saint's first round playoff loss - ? revision to form??

Ho hum - stay the course.

:D The hormones will flare up as we get toward football season and like the deck chairs on the Titanic I will bet/shift small amounts on my few good stocks.

heh heh heh - no more pssst Wellesley, small side bets on VG REIT Index and Sm Cap.

Target Retirement for retirement (worse than watching paint dry). A few good stocks for entertainment while I agonize over the monentous decision (after 5 yrs up here) whether to switch from the Saints to the Chiefs. Inactivity in the stock market via index funds after 1977 got me to ER. My active stuff was entertaining though - nerve wise. :LOL: :rolleyes: ;).

P.S. Will the WR signal work for individual stocks?

heh heh heh - just kidding. :cool:

60/40 - 1974, 84, 94, 2004, And the Saint's first round playoff loss - ? revision to form??

Ho hum - stay the course.

:D The hormones will flare up as we get toward football season and like the deck chairs on the Titanic I will bet/shift small amounts on my few good stocks.

heh heh heh - no more pssst Wellesley, small side bets on VG REIT Index and Sm Cap.

Target Retirement for retirement (worse than watching paint dry). A few good stocks for entertainment while I agonize over the monentous decision (after 5 yrs up here) whether to switch from the Saints to the Chiefs. Inactivity in the stock market via index funds after 1977 got me to ER. My active stuff was entertaining though - nerve wise. :LOL: :rolleyes: ;).
Mick, you should publish a glossary or study guide. :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 260
Wow - W2R! You are so reliable! Amazing! :nonono:

Time for you to start a paid subscription service and publish the W2R Whee-o-meter! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Audrey

Edited to add: Oops - I see you have already figured that out!

Ok, OK, enough, Mr. Market. :mad:

Mr B is bumming. He owns a smaller number of stocks, in decent size lots. He's glued to the Google finance page lately. :cool:

Miss Chicken Feathers, primarily a mutual fund owner, is not losing any sleep. ;)

Ok, OK, enough. :mad:

Mr B is bumming. He owns a smaller number of stocks, in decent size lots. He's glued to the Google finance page lately. :cool:

Miss Chicken Feathers, primarily a mutual fund owner, is not losing any sleep. ;)

Can't you show Mr. B the gilded path to vanguard? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can't you show Mr. B the gilded path to vanguard? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are at opposite ends of the investing style universe. :whistle:

He considers my investing style to be pretty booooring. And he's right. Oops, did I just publicly admit he was right? :blush:

The good news is he is a long term buy-and-hold investor within his small palette of individual stocks.

We are at opposite ends of the investing style universe. :whistle:

He considers my investing style to be pretty booooring. And he's right. Oops, did I just publicly admit he was right? :blush:

Just don't get in the habit of admitting that he is right. I am pretty sure there is a lifetime quota for woman, and the sisterhood will punish you if you violate it :D

Just don't get in the habit of admitting that he is right. I am pretty sure there is a lifetime quota for woman, and the sisterhood will punish you if you violate it :D

But...but...but...he tells me I'm right, just not all the time. :LOL:

I know what's happening here...he just wants to stay "lucky". Anybody who can schmooze me successfully is quite the man. :cool:

My equity portion of portfolio was up 1.39% today, beating the S&P of 1.06%

At this point, I am down only 1.1% from the "pre-Wh***" level. Let's see how long until I can go back to setting a new personal high watermark.

Man! Every time W2R makes a "Wh***" post, it costs me the equivalent of a few months of living expenses! :blink:

Until I came to this forum, I never understood why every so often, the market would take a huge step backwards. Even now, people who are not in the know still call this phenomenon a "market correction".

Yep! I did not know either until I pondered the question, as I posed it here.

My equity portion of portfolio was up 1.39% today, beating the S&P of 1.06%

At this point, I am down only 1.1% from the "pre-Wh***" level. Let's see how long until I can go back to setting a new personal high watermark.

Man! Every time W2R makes a "Wh***" post, it costs me the equivalent of a few months of living expenses! :blink:

Until I came to this forum, I never understood why every so often, the market would take a huge step backwards. Even now, people who are not in the know still call this phenomenon a "market correction".

Yep! I did not know either until I pondered the question, as I posed it here.

Too funny!

Just checked my accounts for 1st time since last Friday (my internet didnt work at the Salton Sea).
I was down apparently about 10k but after todays close I`m up 2k on the week...easy game

S&P has already reached 1300 ...

Farrell (from Marketwatch.com) predicts a crash late in 2011 after the S&P500 reaches 1300 and interest rate rises to a new level. He thinks that Wall Street continues to lie to us and our brains are vulnerable to the lies. Anyway, he's nuts - Mr. Gloom and Doom and psycho.
Farrell makes a living predicting the end of life on earth. So far he's got a perfect record - 0 for 37.

Back
Top Bottom