If You Haven't, Go Look at Your Account Balances

I know I have a higher portfolio value now than I have ever recorded at the end of any quarter (but that total includes new contributions too). Maybe not higher than the all time intraquarter highs that I don't keep track of.

And my emerging market index fund that I have been accumulating for a few years is back in black at this point. All those EM purchases in late 2008 are up close to 100% at this point, and I'm fairly overweighted in EM versus my target asset allocation (11% versus target 9%). May trim back the allocation some if it goes up much more.

Yeah my EM target is 10% its almost 13 now. If it continues its tear I may need to do something about it.

This is a plot showing portfolio value = f(time):

I'm not clear on how you got that big surge at the end. Surely the 4% of company stock doesn't make that big of a difference. Mine, from the same period, isn't as pretty:

Attachments

• Net.jpg
    Net.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm not clear on how you got that big surge at the end. Surely the 4% of company stock doesn't make that big of a difference. Mine, from the same period, isn't as pretty:

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that you are retired (IIRC) and I am not. The surge can mostly be explained by new contributions that went almost exclusively into stocks since October, plus rebalancing in November.

Back
Top Bottom