Is this the long awaited correction

Gunny

Recycles dryer sheets
The market down over a percent again today after a roller coaster session. We've got to be 5% or more off of December highs. Is this the long awaited correction or just a blip brought on by the markets trying to make sense of price drops in crude?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

S&P is only down 0.58%
We had some down days last week... followed by up days.

As long as W2R doesn't mention any words beginning with a W.... we're ok.

(I'm really not a superstitious person - except for W2R's ability to call a rollercoaster.)

I predict the market will go down...then up, then down again, and then up again...many times over.

My bond fund increased in value. So it is not all bad, right?

Agreed. Market goes up, market goes down. Just wanted to see some discussion. Always fascinates me to read the common sense comments that prevails on this blog.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Oh darn - is it December 15th, 2015 already? Because I promised myself I wasn't going to look until then. :)

I'm down barely 1% from my all-time high, which occurred on 11/26/2014.

I'm not especially worried. Sure, some day we will have a market correction; the market goes up and down, like a roller coaster. But, the past six years have been wonderful.

Attachments

• maverick_airtime1.jpg
    maverick_airtime1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
does a picture from W2R count? should I panic? Oh no!!!!

Is this the long awaited correction?

Only the Shadow knows.

Ha

Darn it - she said it! Even if only by linking a former thread.

I'll blame W2R and 2b... 2b because he just gave notice and said it would be his fault if the market tanked.

No, a correction is generally described as a drop of at least 10%. They usually happen at least once or twice a year.

No, a correction is generally described as a drop of at least 10%. They usually happen at least once or twice a year.

Oh wow, I expected to find only strangers here after my long time away, I can't believe how many people are still here! Hi!

I think all this volatility is mostly oil driven. The market is sorting out losers and some are cashing in profits. But the economy's fundamentals are about to wash over this. We are offering 3-5k referral bonuses for skilled engineers at my company. We. Simply. Can't. Find. Them. But hey, it's only San Diego so nobody wants to live here right.....?

Despite wage stagnation pent up demand for skilled labor is going to force major corporations to finally blink and start upping their pay. Wages --->Consumer Spending---->low gas prices---->more consumer spending.

(This wild ass guess is the creators pure fictional musings and any resemblance to realities past or present is purely coincidental)

We are offering 3-5k referral bonuses for skilled engineers at my company. We. Simply. Can't. Find. Them. But hey, it's only San Diego so nobody wants to live here right.....?
We had a visit to Carlsbad during the Xmas holidays (2014) and really enjoyed the weather, food and scenery of hills and beaches. The cost of housing of nearby towns (e.g., Oceanside, Vista) is reasonable compared to that of San Diego.

The market down over a percent again today after a roller coaster session. We've got to be 5% or more off of December highs. Is this the long awaited correction or just a blip brought on by the markets trying to make sense of price drops in crude?
No one knows. But what would you do if you thought a correction was imminent? Consider both statements...

Darn it - she said it! Even if only by linking a former thread.

I'll blame W2R and 2b... 2b because he just gave notice and said it would be his fault if the market tanked.
Absolutely, this is to test my commitment. OMY? Not a chance.

I still don't have an end date but the project is getting close to done -- at least my part of it. I'm still predicting an early February final exit. :dance:

We should see a solid market rally when I finally have no ability to reverse course.

We had a visit to Carlsbad during the Xmas holidays (2014) and really enjoyed the weather, food and scenery of hills and beaches. The cost of housing of nearby towns (e.g., Oceanside, Vista) is reasonable compared to that of San Diego.
Are you trying to tempt me? If so, it's not working. I don't have any desire to live in San Diego.

Are you trying to tempt me? If so, it's not working. I don't have any desire to live in San Diego.
No, I like to move there away from the chilly, cold winter days here in Minnesota, but DW wants to stay so that she's close to her mom. :confused:
I might have a better argument to move to the San Francisco Bay Area as DD is working and living there, but the cost of housing is ridiculous, not to mention traffic congestion.

Yes it's really a terrible place. We have earthquakes, droughts, even hail sometimes, the traffic is awful and too much time at the beach can give you skin cancer. You want to die of that? Crowds are terrible and people are nasty. Please everyone stay away.

Not knowing the answer to this question is precisely the reason I dollar cost average at all times.

Yes it's really a terrible place. We have earthquakes, droughts, even hail sometimes, the traffic is awful and too much time at the beach can give you skin cancer. You want to die of that? Crowds are terrible and people are nasty. Please everyone stay away.

View attachment 20928And snow! Don't forget the great blizzard of 2015!!

Last edited:

It does not deter people flocking into the area.

Back
Top Bottom