Jan 2008 damage poll

Sam

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
How bad was yours? As of today 02/01/08.

Mine: -7.6%, 100% equity.

A week ago, it was -11%!

-3.8% in my 401(k)... ~75% equity. Oh, hey, just realized since I hadn't checked in a while... I just passed the $70k mark there.

I just completed (Jan) the transfer of funds from Investors Group to TD PIC -8.2%.
My other funds in TDW -9.4%.

Ours was -3.3% on approx. 65/35 equities/bonds

Hank

In spite of withdrawing about $15,000 in living expenses and est tax pmts, my accounts recently bested my all time high water mark reached last fall.

Right now I'm about 80% equity- reached 90% briefly a few weeks ago.

I don't really understand this good fortune, as some of my large holdings have been weak. Others, especially new specs bought during the January meltdown have recently been very strong.

My method is to pray to whichever saint has momentum.

Ha

401(k) plan is up about 5.3%, but it is only 10% of portfolio.

Total portfolio of invested assets is down about 5%. We are 30% US stocks, 30% foreign stocks, 30% bonds, and about 10% TIAA real estate.

+6.3% - 100% equities....but still down for past 12 months.

-1.86 ytd 40/50/10 (stocks/bonds/cash)

The Rational Investing Portfolio (or at least my particular flavor of it in our personal accounts) was down almost exactly 2.5% for January. I'm between rebalancings so I started the year with 43% stocks, 37% bonds/cash and 20% Other (commodities, energy, hedge funds, commercial real estate, private equity)

Net worth (not including house, cars, etc.) down 0.47% in January. Less than 15% of net worth is in stock mutual funds. Most is in CDs, bonds, money market, etc.

In spite of withdrawing about $15,000 in living expenses and est tax pmts, my accounts recently bested my all time high water mark reached last fall.

Right now I'm about 80% equity- reached 90% briefly a few weeks ago.

I don't really understand this good fortune, as some of my large holdings have been weak. Others, especially new specs bought during the January meltdown have recently been very strong.

My method is to pray to whichever saint has momentum.

Ha

Hail to the chief! Impressive. Send me a complimentary copy of your investment news letter and I might sign up.;)

Down 1.5% YTD and down 3.7% from my all time high last fall. That's with a 47/53 blend. Pretty happy with it too considering how much I was down.

Down 3.5% overall when looking at total portfolio (73% Equities, 18% bond, 9% cash)

Planning on infusing some cash into areas that need rebalanced...as soon as we figure out what those areas are. Time to crunch some more numbers.

Im still contributing aggressively and am too lazy to calculate my returns. I can say that our net worth (excluding equity in the home) is back to $0 where it was in november...

DD

My portfolio is down 3.9% YTD, 65% stocks/35% bonds and cash. About a third of my equity portfolio is allocated to international and that asset class has taken a real beating in the past month.

I'm + 12% 88% Real Estate.

Hono,

The fairy's gold doesn't count. 12% in ONE MONTH ... come on!

Sorry, someone had to call you on that one.

401k, down 11%, my wife decided to move everything from equity to MM last week.:(

IRAs, up 7%, all stocks. Guess who is the smart guy did all the picks.:D

Back
Top Bottom