Last Day!

NanoSour

Full time employment: Posting here.
Thought I'd post a brief update on our FIRE journey.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/decision-in-one-month-65344.html

Today is my last official day at Megacorp.:dance::dance: It's been bitter sweet since turning in my resignation some 2 months ago. Work kept me busy and I was on the road quite a bit over these past 2 months. Although there is a real sense of loss, I have to keep focused on the reasons we are giving up the job and financial security it offers.

We just started packing for our big relo and still haven't found a new home, but we're all very excited about the move and the new adventures and opportunities that will present themselves.

As for the financial aspects. Through the first 6 months of the year we are under budget by $6,400. That makes me feel good as it'll be important to go into the end of the year with some extra $$ for the holidays, which I know from experience is always over budget:blush:

Now back to packing and preparing for the cross country journey.

Nano

I'm excited for you. Don't worry about work. Your feelings about leaving are normal, but as you replace work with your new life adventures, you will leave behind just the memories, and you will never look back. Congratulations!

CONGRATS!

Enjoy that feeling of walking out the door forever, and don't look back!

Back
Top Bottom