Local credit union annuity?

FANOFJESUS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It is a two year fixed annuity the first year at 4.4% and the second year at 2.4% does this sound good and would you do it?

There are too many types of annuities to count. Which kind? After that, I'll let the rest of the group go for it.

It is a two year fixed annuity the first year at 4.4% and the second year at 2.4% does this sound good and would you do it?
1. It sounds too good to be true.
2. No.

But if we were able to read the details on a website then we might be able to give you a better reasoning behind the "No" part.

1. It sounds too good to be true.

I agree, those rates sound really high compared to what else is out there. What's the catch? If by some chance there is none, those rates are hard to argue with.

Sorry everybody for the wait the credit union was closed for the weekend. It is a 6 year annunity. 4.4% the first year 2.4% the second year saleman's said they have a good record of raising rates when they rise. But this is not guaranteed. Years 3,4,5,6 they set each year with a floor of 2%

6 years is a LONG time. Also, fixed annuities are typically the FIRST to DROP their rates when rates go down, and the LAST to raise their rates when rates go UP..YMMV........:)

Sorry everybody for the wait the credit union was closed for the weekend. It is a 6 year annunity. 4.4% the first year 2.4% the second year saleman's said they have a good record of raising rates when they rise. But this is not guaranteed. Years 3,4,5,6 they set each year with a floor of 2%

That's not as attractive as a 2-year with those rates. If you are locking in for six years, you can get 3.4% with a full six-year guarantee for $100k+ in premium. 3.3% for less than $100k. 2.9% if you want an A+ rated company instead of A.

dgoldenz can you give a link?

I can't post a link because there's no product-specific information on their website. It's the Focused Growth 6 annuity with The Standard. I can e-mail you a copy of the brochure if you want to send me a PM or post your e-mail address. The current rates won't be stated anywhere though unless you have an illustration run.

I can't post a link because there's no product-specific information on their website. It's the Focused Growth 6 annuity with The Standard. I can e-mail you a copy of the brochure if you want to send me a PM or post your e-mail address. The current rates won't be stated anywhere though unless you have an illustration run.

I think I found it

The Standard - Related Information

What is the standard rated? I think W&S is rated A.

A rated with AM Best. Lincoln National is A+ and is at 2.9% for 6 years...that's the highest I know of for an A+ company.

Thanks everybody. I am guessing that many of you given a choice go ahead and buy a cd instead.

Back
Top Bottom