Long Term Care Options

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/genworth_ltc.html

Care to tell us what's behind the link? People need to know whether it is worth clicking, which is why the Community Rules say this

Please do not post “naked” links, defined as links posted without explanation, interpretation or context.

Care to tell us what's behind the link? People need to know whether it is worth clicking, which is why the Community Rules say this
Sorry for the blind link. It’s a consumer affairs website listing LTC policy complaints against Genworth. Evidently having LTC insurance and getting your claim paid is two totally different things.

Thanks.

5 years of a semi-private room in a nursing home in NJ will cost $125K/year so about $625K w/o any increase. So you will still have to take something out of your pocket.

If you need beyond 5 years or if both need to be in the NH simultaneously then all bets are off.

Fewer and fewer people are using LTC benefits for nursing care, preferring to stay at home or move to assisted living instead.

Here I moved a loved one from their semi-private room in a nursing home (~$7500/month) to a private room in assisted living (~$3500/month) nearer to me, where I expect they will die within a few months under Hospice care.

Back
Top Bottom