Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrig View Post
just be careful not to sprain your face smiling
I like that one
When I signed the papers yesterday I was nervous, today I woke up feeling like a new person. I have been working at a job since I was 17 years old. I graduated from HS in 1965 and went straight to work. I did try one semester of college and I could not sit still long enough to hear anything the teachers said. Forty seven years without a break longer than two weeks. I will take one day at a time and enjoy life for a change. oldtrig
Great! enjoy
SJ1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

oldtrig - my sincerest congrats! And guess what? My last day at work is also 2/29! We will both be Class of 2012! I haven't been at it quite as long as you, but started working full-time in high school (had to go to night high school so I could work) at 16 years old. 56 now, so 40 years non-stop for me - no college - I was never encouraged to go and kind of assumed it was for rich people.

And thank you for your service sir - and all the other great veterans on this site as well.

It will be fun to see how we do in retirement! If we do half as good as most of the folks on this site, we WILL be spraining our faces!

Pete
psweath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Congrats oldtrig and pswealth on taking the leap of faith. Welcome to the club.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #44

I am telling you this is great. I have loved ever minute of this retirement thing since day one. I have been busy with projects. I also left plenty of time to work on my golf handicap. Tomorrow I will remove the engine from my sons 2002 Nissan Xterra and rebuild it. His wife run it hot Friday and I will have to do a complete rebuild. I am back in my shop after being gone for 15 years and it is great. No phone ringing there anymore , just me doing something I really enjoy. More on this project later. oldtrig
oldtrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

oldtrig - remember me? We retired on the same day, and I totally agree with you. It's been two weeks, and I have been walking around with this tremendous feeling of gratitude. This is a gift! I've mostly been building and executing a new fitness plan - that has been a hugely neglected part of my life. It has been a blast - my only caution to folks is NOT to do too much too fast!

I am soo much more relaxed - I'll bet my blood pressure has gone down for sure.

Well I better let you get back to that engine! Thanks for the update oldtrig!

Pete
psweath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #46

Yes psweath I remember you. It is great and I agree with you on the blood pressure thing. My stomach problems also cleared up all of sudden. Now I got to make sure I do not loose any more blood working on cars. I think every bone and muscle in my body is hurting but it is a good hurt. I feel great working again for myself. You have to remember I only entered the workforce 15 years ago working for someone other than me. It was a bumpy ride but I rode it out. Now when I work there are no dead lines, just doing what I enjoy. I got to stop the bleeding so I can play golf tomorrow, just kidding but I did have a few small cuts pulling that engine out. I have it ready to rebuild so I should be busy for quite a while. Oldtrig
oldtrig is offline   Reply With Quote