Mid Term Review time

Probably talk to one or more attornies first, find the one who seems to have the style you like, and ask him/her about the best way to address it.

I saw a similar situation coming at my company. Fortunately for me, my immediate supervisor didn't change and he prevented the worst situation.

If I were trying to do this without hiring an attorney, I'd say exactly what you've told us. "I haven't hired an attorney yet, but I see a pattern of older workers with many years of good performance reviews suddenly becoming poor performers. My guess is that you just want to start with a fresh crop of younger workers. Why not take the high road and offer us decent severence packages?"

Should be getting my review any day now and it probably won't be a good one! If I look in the mirror, I probably serve it. Bottom line, I cannot stand my job and I'm almost FI . I have over 20 years with the Company and eligible for a small pension and subsidized HC. I wish there was a tactful way of asking for a severance package to get the hell out of Dodge. Got a strong feeling I will be put on written warning (which usually last 30 days) and finally probation (another 30 days). Rather not go thru this process.

Anyone got some suggestions. Note I do not want to resign since I plan on collecting unemployment. I do have my resume out there but jobs aren't too plentiful.

While somewhat sympathetic to the situation, we are only getting one side of the story here. golfnut acknowledged he hasn't done everything correctly, not to say the company has either. but I can't help to ask, was golfnut's performance truly in line with past performance? or was this the situation he wanted in the first place? i doubt we will hear anything from him since he is most likely under advisement of a lawyer.

just trying to sort through the details before starting to claim being turned into newts and weighing the parties to a duck.

Back
Top Bottom