Molson cutting off free beer supply for retirees

OMG!! I thought things were tough in Detroit! :eek:

Beer maker Molson is turning off the tap and cutting off the supply of free suds to its retirees

I'm retired. Why was I not advised of this retirement benefit by the Canadian and US government? I have missed a stimulus, have I not?

Oh, "it's retirees" I see it. I guess I'm being discriminated against again for sitting in Texas and having to sip on Lone Star.

From the link:

Molson retirees in the province of Newfoundland will see their monthly allotment of beer fall from six dozen a month to zero over the next five years.
Current workers will see their allotment drop from 72 dozen bottles a year to 52 dozen.

That's a lot of beer! And I thought they say not to get high on your supply.

From the link:

Molson retirees in the province of Newfoundland will see their monthly allotment of beer fall from six dozen a month to zero over the next five years.
Current workers will see their allotment drop from 72 dozen bottles a year to 52 dozen.

That's a lot of beer! And I thought they say not to get high on your supply.
A 12-pack a week, that's all we ask...

Our Canadian friends should be along shortly and tell us just how serious this is. ;)
Molson is one of my favorite beers. I've had the real deal in Canada.
2 Bradors and I was humming right along. Oooohhhhh Molson baby, do you make me grin. :D

Well, wait a minute. Six dozen bottles of beer a month would be 72/month, which comes to 2-3 per day.

At first, I thought Molson retirees could drink themselves into oblivion on their free beer, but maybe not.

I think they should have allowed them 30 dozen. That would have kept them well pickled. :rolleyes:

I'm retired. Why was I not advised of this retirement benefit by the Canadian and US government? I have missed a stimulus, have I not?

Oh, "it's retirees" I see it. I guess I'm being discriminated against again for sitting in Texas and having to sip on Lone Star.

:gasp: MickyD, you must purchase Shiner ASAP and step away from the Lone Star. :LOL:

This story makes me think of these guys...

Attachments

• bob and doug.jpg
    bob and doug.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 4
This is absolutely criminal. It is morally offensive for the company to deny a promised benefit like that. This is one case where the union would be well advised to sue on behalf of the workers and retirees.:whistle:

Brador is tops with me ... been a couple years thou. Will be in Prince Edward Island in July. Need to figure how many cases I can drive back with.

Wonder if some retirees will re-enter the work force for thier 52 dozen allotment.

Brador is tops with me ... been a couple years thou. Will be in Prince Edward Island in July. Need to figure how many cases I can drive back with.

Wonder if some retirees will re-enter the work force for thier 52 dozen allotment.
The answer used to be 1 or 2 cases (?) per vehicle occupant over 21, and 1 bottle liquor per person.
This is 5 year old information, maybe somebody here has border crossed more recently.
We brought back 5 cases with 2 adults in the car. We told the US customs guy exactly what we had. We kept it in plain view in the back of the pickup truck. He looked, laughed and waved us right through.

My cousin used to work for E&J. They treated him very well. He always had a nicely stocked wine and spirits selection!

My cousin used to work for E&J. They treated him very well. He always had a nicely stocked wine and spirits selection!

Good to know. Think your cousin would be open to hosting the ER Forum summer party? ;)

I watched Strange Brew again just a couple of weeks ago. Except for his part as Ming the Merciless in Flash Gordon, Brewmeister Smith was Max von Sydow's greatest part as a villain! :LOL:

It's a jelly!

Does Molson have a Defined Benefit pension plan as well? If so, I'd love to talk to their actuary and find out what they are using for their mortality assumption.

Does Molson have a Defined Benefit pension plan as well? If so, I'd love to talk to their actuary and find out what they are using for their mortality assumption.
I was wondering if their health insurance plan excludes liver disease. Then again, they're based in Canada, so the usual health insurance hassles may not apply.

Back
Top Bottom