Near Death Experience ... for my computer

2B

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My 2000 computer is showing signs of problems plus it's way out of date. My FIL's computer is about a 2004 version and works much better. I'm going to move everything over but I've got a problem.

Does anyone know how to run two different Quicken data sets on one version of Quicken? The problem I see is that on closing it auto-saves which would wipe out whatever was on the hard drive.

The only thing I've been able to figure out would be to run it off memory sticks. We'd stick whichever memory stick we wanted to run into the computer and the it would auto-save onto the memory stick.

Does MS Money make it easier to have two accounts?

Put your quicken data files in different directories. Then when you save the particular file it will be saved in the directory you opened it in. You can set up two Quicken Desktop Shortcuts (for instance Quicken 2008 and Quicken 2007) and have them open in the data file in the corresponding directory. I would still use the memory sticks to save a backup of the data files so you have a "off disk" set of data. In money your just open the respective file from the desktop withing Money (BTW there is NOT going to be a 2009 version of Money published this year).

Back
Top Bottom