Ok, so its not 'fire and money'

Cut-Throat said:
Absolutely!  - And you would also have to assume that the 'Best' Food in the entire World is served by McDonalds - Judging by the sheer number of their restaurants!

It may be the "best" for the price. Not sure.

JG

I have a hard time sitting through all of the dam commercials and rather rent dvds. Right now watching the first seasons of LOST, House, Scrubs, and old MacGuyver episodes....Season 4 is "in stereo where available". :LOL:

vinhmen said:
Bible belt conservatives have nothing better to do with their free time than watch TV?

I'm from the south and I often wonder just who are these so-called "Bible belt conservatives" that the liberal media has once again so mis-labeled to an entire region and fed as "Jim Jones" kool-aid to the mind-numbed masses... I suppose, once again, they are referring to some segment of their own idealogical imagination which only incites divisivness instead of unity.

But then again, what does this have to do with ratings that are polled from "sea to shining sea". Perhaps you must consider the Ted Kennedy liberals as part of the "Bible belt conservatives" ?  :confused:

Favorite shows:
  • "Daikaizo, Gekiteki Before/After," featuring extreme house renovations
  • "Dream House," which usually features people trying to build some unusual dwelling on a very limited budget
  • "Sono toki rekishi ga ugoita," (~when history was made), covering pivotal moments in Japanese history (usually illustrated with great CG and/or archival footage)
  • "Project X," featuring the stories of how various Japanese inventions, projects and product developments (like the camcorder, instant ramen, or the "washlet" bidet toilet, e.g.) came about
  • Most any other kind of historical, archaeological, sociological, etc. documentary that NHK produces
  • "Gaia no yoru," which features people currently trying to overcome some business/marketing challenge (how to make more appealing vending machine drinks than their competitors, how to develop and sell new food items to sell at convenience stores, etc.)
  • The occasional historical drama
  • Various news shows
  • For American content, I like to browse "The Daily Show" via the video snippets on their website.

Bpp

FreeBird said:
But then again, what does this have to do with ratings that are polled from "sea to shining sea". Perhaps you must consider the Ted Kennedy liberals as part of the "Bible belt conservatives" ?  :confused:

Little secret: I find right wing talk radio to be repugnant (that is putting it as politely as I can). I still listen frequently in the car. Why? The "irritainment" keeps me awake.

brewer12345 said:
Little secret: I find right wing talk radio to be repugnant (that is putting it as politely as I can). I still listen frequently in the car. Why? The "irritainment" keeps me awake.

I guess someone needs to tell you this. You are being brainwashed into becoming a closet Republican. ;)

I forgot House. good stuff. Also forgot the Food channel...almost all of it.

setab

I watch $40 a Day on the food network.  :D

Attachments

• rachel_ray9_d[1].jpg
    rachel_ray9_d[1].jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 64
  • rachel_ray9_d[1].jpg_thumb
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
Hah...Fark.com ran a "which tv food network star would you like to see lit on fire?".

Rachel Ray was slightly edged out by Bobby Flay.

Have you ever looked at some of the stuff emeril makes on tv and said "I'm glad nobody's gonna eat that...". I saw him slap some stuff together and whip it up and dump it on a plate and said "theres no way that was actually cooked enough to not kill someone". :p

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Have you ever looked at some of the stuff emeril makes on tv and said "I'm glad nobody's gonna eat that...".  I saw him slap some stuff together and whip it up and dump it on a plate and said "theres no way that was actually cooked enough to not kill someone". :p

Funny you should say that. DW used to work at a chef school. One of her colleagues actually went to an Emeril filming and had the chance to taste the stuff he made - awful.

My other favorite is when (any of them, pick one) says..."Now lets add about two tablespoons of oil/wine/whatever to this..." and then they pour about 2 or 3 cups in. I watched one guy say "a splash of wine..." and poured in half the bottle...

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Hah...Fark.com ran a "which tv food network star would you like to see lit on fire?".

Rachel Ray was slightly edged out by Bobby Flay.

Who gives a rip what Fark.com thinks. Rachel is just darn cute!

Sopranos for me. Tony deals creatively with problems that would stymie a lesser man. I can't wait until 6th season begins. Meanwhile I am catching up on season 5 episodes that I missed.

The only resolution of this series that would work for me is for T to take out the FBI and all the other goody-goody wimps.

And Carmela and her financial planning! Gimme a break. Next thing she will be using FireCalc.

Ha

Another thing about the Sopranos. Dr. Melfi sure has the acres of thigh thing down. If my therapist had dressed like that, I might still be going to marriage counseling. She was cute enough, but just didn't understand a man's need for entertainment.

Ha

HaHa said:
Sopranos for me. Tony deals creatively with problems that would stymie a lesser man. I can't wait until 6th season begins. Meanwhile I am catching up on season 5 episodes that I missed.

The only resolution of this series that would work for me is for T to take out the FBI and all the other goody-goody wimps.

And Carmela and her financial planning! Gimme a break. Next thing she will be using FireCalc.

Ha

Ditto on the "Sopranos". No cable here, but I watch it when we travel and buy the boxed set when it comes out. I can see a lot
of Tony in myself (smaller version). Plus, Dr. Melfi is HOT!
Of course, putting her in the same room with a horndog like Tony....................well, it works well on the tube. BTW, I read
an interview with Lorraine Bracco. Pre-Sopranos she took
bankruptcy. Now, she is set financially and is a real estate junkie.
Eschews all stocks in her portfolio. My kind of woman.
I also think Paulie and Silvio are excellent. I still miss
"Big Pussy" though and he was whacked in what............
the first season??

JG

HaHa said:
Another thing about the Sopranos. Dr. Melfi sure has the acres of thigh thing down. If my therapist had dressed like that, I might still be going to marriage counseling. She was cute enough, but just didn't understand a man's need for entertainment.

Ha
Right on about Dr. Melfi. I tell DW that the director just knows I'm out there; hence the camera is set up just right! I need some of her therapy.

Opposing view: I watched the Sopranos (and Sex in the City...) religiously for the first 2-3 seasons, but after that, I was just hoping someone would whack the whole bunch... Except, of course, for the good doctor. Surely there was some opp for a nude shower scene!! :eek: 8)

Back
Top Bottom