4. Portland, Ore.
5. Middlesex, N.J.
6. San Jose, Calif.
7. San Francisco
8. Chicago
9. New York
10. Jersey City, N.J.

. . .

The rankings in Forbes' Best Places To Do Business are based on a 1 to 150 scale, where 1 is the best and 150 is the worst. A city that ranks 150 for its cost of living, for example, is the absolute worst of all 150 places in the list. (The rankings we used in this list were based on data from Economy.com and Sperling's Best Places.) The median home prices were taken from the National Association of Realtors' fourth-quarter report on existing family home sales, where the national average was $170,800. (The median home price in Jersey City was not available, however, and the median home price in San Jose came from the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors.) The cities are ranked in the order of the most overpriced to the least overpriced. "

Would have been cool for them to list the underpriced ones as well! :-/

Yeah . . . or at least provide a list of the top 50 to 100.

Are they trying to say...

... that I'll have $5.9M left after paying estate taxes? Can I get a viatical settlement on that?

And while Washington DC is listed as the worst place to die, I suspect that the study left out the "ease of facilitation" factor...

We can split the load.

You die in the 25 eastern states, and when you're done you can let me know of any good methods or procedures you've discovered.

Then I'll die in the 25 western states and when I'm done we can compare notes.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom