portfolio spreadsheet site

ducky911

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

I am looking for a site or program that I can plug in my holdings and track my portfolio by asset classes.

I am with Schwab and they have this on the site but not to a slice and dice type detail.

I have made my own excel spreadsheet but I have to get into some holdings that are split them among asset classes.

here are the classes I would ideally like to track

us large cap
us smallcap
reit
foreign
emerging markets
bonds
treasuries
cash

thanks

bob

Morningstar! Morningstar has a Portfolio Manager where you can set up your portfolio and track it. This is a free tool, and you will need to register. Got to Morningstar.com and click on Portfolio.

They also have a tool called Portfolio Monitor which requires an annual fee. It analyzes your portfolio holdings and tells your asset allocation in minutia. Go to Tools.

-- Rita

I am looking for a site or program that I can plug in my holdings and track my portfolio by asset classes.

I am with Schwab and they have this on the site but not to a slice and dice type detail.
That surprises me. I take it this isn't enough detail
Portfolio Analysis: Web Trading: Schwab Active Trader, and I don't have any holdings with Schwab so I don't know what tools they provide. Have you "chatted" with them to see if it's there somewhere? FWIW

That surprises me. I take it this isn't enough detail
Portfolio Analysis: Web Trading: Schwab Active Trader, and I don't have any holdings with Schwab so I don't know what tools they provide. Have you "chatted" with them to see if it's there somewhere? FWIW
Schwab's tool does asset allocation, however, you must select a 'type' which is then canned allocation. So your assets are always compared to a canned allocation.

The Morningstar X-Ray tool (even the freebie) is far superior.

-- Rita

Back
Top Bottom