Quick Turbo Tax Question......

FiveDriver

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm using DeLuxe for the 2nd year now. It really makes entering the 1099-DIVs much easier in year 2.

My question -- Is there a way to print their "Tax Summary" page before all the data is input ?? I would like to compare it to the TT 2015 Tax Summary page. All of the Income has been entered. Before I delve into my Expenses Folder I'd like to see where we stand vs last year.

Interim Summary Page ??

I'm using DeLuxe for the 2nd year now. It really makes entering the 1099-DIVs much easier in year 2.

My question -- Is there a way to print their "Tax Summary" page before all the data is input ?? I would like to compare it to the TT 2015 Tax Summary page. All of the Income has been entered. Before I delve into my Expenses Folder I'd like to see where we stand vs last year.

Interim Summary Page ??
I believe without acrobat there is a save to pdf feature (I do have acrobat). so just save the file to pdf and print the pages in question.

Why not just look at or print out the two-year comparison?

But to answer your question... yes.

File/Print.... Specific Forms... then pick the form that you want to print.

Last edited:
My question -- Is there a way to print their "Tax Summary" page before all the data is input ??
Of course. I don't use TT anymore, but one could always print anything at any time. Go to Form view and select the Tax Summary to print.

Go to the File menu and select Print. This opens a small window. In the top drop-down box at the top select "print selected forms" (the default in this box says "print returns for your records") and then scroll down the list of all forms until you find the Tax Summary page. Check the box and hit print...

I have done something similar and I believe the process started by clicking on "My Account" at the top of the page. After that it was self explanatory.

I see that we don't know if this is TT online or TT on your own computer.

You can "print screen" anything you want. Just like taking a picture of what's on the screen. Anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

Thanks Guys. I'll try that tonight when I enter the wonderful world of Turbo Tax.

I'm using the PC version of DeLuxe. I will say this......some of the user interfaces are not that user friendly. It's like this was piece-designed by committee and then patched together at the end. Some user screens are well thought out. Others not so much.

I want to compare last year's itemized expenses with this year's.

Last edited:
In the Deluxe version.......where does one enter the Simplified Home Office Deduction ??

I haven't come across that line in their software as of yet ??

In the Deluxe version.......where does one enter the Simplified Home Office Deduction ??

I haven't come across that line in their software as of yet ??

It's under Deductions & Credits / Employment Expenses / Job-Related Expenses.

cathy--
Thanks. I'm not in the TT Program right now.....is there a prompt with the name Home Office Deduction or is it a user-defined line ??

There's an entire section of the interview that calculates the home office deduction and lets you choose the actual or simplified deduction. It's about 10 questions, and it starts with "Did X have home office expenses?" Once you answer yes, it asks you about the square footage, number of days used, etc.

Back
Top Bottom