Quicken and Intuit Separation

Richard4444

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi All,

I know that Quicken and Intuit are separating, and I recently received a notice asking me to create a new username, pw, etc. Just wondering if the group has received this as well, and if it is real or a scam? Thanks, Rich

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records show that you are using Quicken 2015, 2016 or 2017.
(If you are not currently using one of these Quicken versions, please disregard this email.)

We are contacting you to let you know of an important change coming to Quicken.

What is happening?

As part of Quicken's separation from Intuit, we are moving from Intuit's authentication service (Intuit ID) to our secure, new Quicken service (Quicken ID).

What do I need to do?

You do not need to do anything now, but over the next 60 days you will receive a product update that will require you to create a new Quicken ID and password to continue using Quicken.

I got the same email. My guess is that it's real, but just to be sure I didn't click on any of the links. I imagine that some day when I log on to Quicken, it's going to ask me to update my password, etc.

Yes, I got that too.

I have noticed that since the change in ownership the Mac version of Quicken now receives frequent updates and no longer feels like it's languishing alongside the Windows version. I've been pleasantly surprised with the improvements since the new owners took over.

FWIW, today upon signing into Quicken, I was prompted/instructed to set up new PWs in order for everything to continue to function as they separate from Intuit. And I did.

Rich

Got it and updated. I expect new user fees to be showing up shortly.

Not ikubak - but I know I expect them to force us onto their subscription model.

I also am slightly annoyed that they haven't fixed their links as they force you to do the intuit-quicken password stuff. I found several places on the quicken site that send you over to intuit.... Ooops... Need to do a global search in their web software code to look for any cases of intuit.com.

I have been a Quicken user for 20 years but I did not update my 2014 version. I decided to input my transactions manually and can no longer download transactions from investment institutions or banks. I just wonder if I will still be able to use the software as is.....

Last edited:
FWIW, today upon signing into Quicken, I was prompted/instructed to set up new PWs in order for everything to continue to function as they separate from Intuit. And I did.

Rich

ME2!

I hate change...and I know that it is coming in the not so distant future. Grr.

Back
Top Bottom