Reputable life insurance companies

summer2007

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm looking to buy life insurance but before I do I want to make sure I get insured with a good company that will actually pay if I die.

I looked around even in consumer reports and can't seem to come up with the most reputable life insurance companies.

Just wondering if anyone knew what the best companies for life insurance are?

Thanks

Jim

Be very picky who you deal with in this industry.

If you are reasonably healthy and shopping for a term policy (which I would suggest), I would start with the following companes: TIAA-CREF, Protective Life, USAA, and Ameritas Direct. MassMutual, Northwestern Mutual and Penn Mutual are also really solid, but likely to be more expensive. MetLife would be OK, too.

I used to rate these companies (credit rating) for a living. My policy is with TIAA-CREF.

Be very picky who you deal with in this industry.

If you are reasonably healthy and shopping for a term policy (which I would suggest), I would start with the following companes: TIAA-CREF, Protective Life, USAA, and Ameritas Direct. MassMutual, Northwestern Mutual and Penn Mutual are also really solid, but likely to be more expensive. MetLife would be OK, too.

I used to rate these companies (credit rating) for a living. My policy is with TIAA-CREF.

John Hancock and Prudential are solid too. I am NOT a lover of TIAA, after their trickery/chicancery with my sister's account I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole...........:p

Mine is with NML........

Mass Mutual and John Hancock may be strong companies but they agents are another story.

When I was not paying attention I purchased Whole Life policies from both of these companies. Both ended up with class actions suits because of the agents telling lies to the clients.

I'm not fond of any type of insurance companies.

Mass Mutual and John Hancock may be strong companies but they agents are another story.

When I was not paying attention I purchased Whole Life policies from both of these companies. Both ended up with class actions suits because of the agents telling lies to the clients.

I'm not fond of any type of insurance companies.

Whole life is SOLD, not bought. Term life is generally BOUGHT, not sold...........:)

John Hancock and Prudential are solid too. I am NOT a lover of TIAA, after their trickery/chicancery with my sister's account I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole...........:p

Mine is with NML........

Only problem with NML is that their policies are spendy. But like TIAA-CREF, credit quality is impeccable.

Only problem with NML is that their policies are spendy. But like TIAA-CREF, credit quality is impeccable.

True, but the rep gives me referrals, so I mitigate the higher premiums that way........:D

I'm looking to buy life insurance but before I do I want to make sure I get insured with a good company that will actually pay if I die.

I looked around even in consumer reports and can't seem to come up with the most reputable life insurance companies.

Just wondering if anyone knew what the best companies for life insurance are?

Thanks

Jim
fyi: A good broker might be almost as important as the company.
TJ

My company is rated AA and we need more money before bonus time. How about a nice term life policy? =)

Thanks everyone

I guess you have to be a member of AM best to see the life insurance company ratings?

Jim

I've always preferred to do business with a mutually owned company such as Amica, Northwestern, or State Farm, figure their cost structure will stay reasonable over time and they're unlikely to get acquired. Underwriting criteria may be stricter though. Of course check ratings.

Back
Top Bottom