Retire on $500k?

Is there even a causal relationship between the amount of your savings and how happy you are? Aside from the fact that insufficient income can cause stress, I'm inclined to think that the amount of happiness a person feels has much more to do with their disposition than how much money they have.

Age 49, 1993 Layoff. Maybe 250k total assets. Happiness came AFTER the mental shift from unemployed TO: screw you I'm an ER.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :dance: :dance: :dance: :D

heh heh heh - ok ok so I did some(1 yr) temp work and got a small non-cola pension at 55(11K) but you get the idea. And I found out as a jobshopper that work can cause stress. :rolleyes:

OAG, I am so very sorry about your loss. I am so glad that you have plenty of family for support. I will keep you in my prayers also.

I did not mean to Hijack the thread but I really appreciate the condolences and prayers. I have 4 kids and 10 G-Kids so I have a lot of support. Maybe as time goes by I will start a thread on my experiences. Again thank you all. The support I have experienced on this site all of these years has been most valuable to me and my family.

OAG, I am glad you have a large family. I hope they are in close proximity to you. Please know that you are in my thoughts, and I am very sorry for your loss.

OAG; Sorry for your loss. May the new year bring you a renewal of your well being.

OAG, I'm sorry for your loss. May your family and friends provide support for this difficult time.

OAG
So sorry for your loss.Your post reminded me of my parents.Started their golden years with happiness and joy then as dad's health went south, you could see the stress and anguish.I guess it should remind us as we crunch the numbers and debate the right date, we need to remember life is finite,good health is a blessing and should never be taken for granted.I hope your 2015 brings joy and sunshine!

OAG, you didn't hijack the thread - we are all here to support each other in whatever comes our way, so please accept all of our condolences. As the days go by in 2015 may you find comfort in good memories and the support of family and friends (in person and out here in cyberland). Blessings upon you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom