Selected Net Worth Brackets, 2013-2016

Not sure what you're asking. My networth has increased by 4 fold since 2011. Do I need to define net worth?

I didn't realize I was being obtuse. I was simply asking how you got a 4X return since 2011, since the market alone really wouldn't account for that. Pretty simple question, really. I think I saw that you sold a biz or something. Kudos.

I didn't realize I was being obtuse. I was simply asking how you got a 4X return since 2011, since the market alone really wouldn't account for that. Pretty simple question, really. I think I saw that you sold a biz or something. Kudos.
Yes, I sold my business. It will be paid to me in installments until the end 2020, so part of the return was that, but represented only about 12% of our assets. I also own a commercial building that has appreciated nicely since I bought it in 2010. We are prolific savers, averaging about 60% of our net take home pay. The market has been kind. Our personal home went up almost 40% in that timeframe. So all of our assets saw nice appreciation and our mortgages decreased, our only liability. So in turn our net worth has increased substantially.

Last edited:

I think you also need to understand that the sale of the business just made my equity liquid. The equity was already included in my net worth calculation.

Yes, I see. Pretty exciting time for you I'm sure, heading into ER. Enjoy!
It's been a good run, for a variety of reasons, and I'm sure grateful.

Yes, I see. Pretty exciting time for you I'm sure, heading into ER. Enjoy!
It's been a good run, for a variety of reasons, and I'm sure grateful.

I appreciate that. We feel very grateful.

Back
Top Bottom