Selling home FSBO and may have offer?

Good luck, harley! Sounds like everything is going as smoothly as possible. Real estate deals are usually extremely stressful for one reason or another, IME anyway.

In another 2.5 weeks it will have been a year since I bought my present "dream home". I still can't believe it actually happened! It seemed like so many obstacles were in the way but the sellers and I made it through closing (last June) and all parties were so happy and relieved that it happened as planned. Real estate drives me crazy, though, so I don't envy you right now. :LOL:

Update: I never would have believed it, but it appears the sale is going through. The buyer received his VA assessment at a few thousand dollars more than the contract price, so after the title search and termite inspection we'll schedule the closing. This is going to go down in my personal history as a great year! New grandbaby and got rid of my Mom's house without having to do hardly anything! Not counting my chickens yet, but must to admit to a bit of heart quickening.

Another update: I drove down yesterday and signed all the papers, then went and picked up all the stuff we want from the house (5'x8' Uhaul stuffed to the ceiling). The closing is supposed to be tomorrow. If it goes through I'll be pretty darned happy. No agent commission, and not that much work involved. Mostly just waiting and watching. Top dollar (IMHO) and the only closing costs were the lawyer ($600) and some taxes. Pretty cool.

Good for you harley!

Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Done! Woohoo! As usual, my best financial moves are the result of doing nothing.

Congrats Harley!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

harley - that is awesome!

Outstanding! We sold our house and a piece of land FSBO as well... easy for us too.

Congrats.

I bought my current house from my brother. We agreed on a price immediately and shared a lawyer to do the paperwork. That's about as simple as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom