Now it comes in caulking tubes...
1 c. Miracle Whip
1/3 c. creamy style French dressing
1/4 c. sweet pickle relish
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried minced onion
1/4 tsp. pepper
Mix and let stand overnight.
I'm confused. Is this recipe for Big Mac sauce or for caulk? And is it paintable?

Secret Sauce:

1/2 cup mayo
2 tablespoons French dressing
4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely mince white onion
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

Combine all incredients in a bowl. Stir well.

Place in cover container and refrigerate overnight.

Enjoy. :D

Its also a close cousin to the Louis dressing I make for the seafood louis salad I make up about once a week.

8oz mayo, sour cream or a mix of both
1/4 cup ketchup
half a small red onion minced finely
couple of dashes of tabasco
teaspoon of lemon juice
few drops of worcestershire

Bed of lettuce, some quartered tomatoes, hard boiled egg, black olives, and any combo of chilled crab, shrimp or scallops, dressing in a dipping bowl and leave the utensils in the drawer.

Well, I must be younger than CFB, because by the time I worked at McD's, we got all of our big mac sauce from the McD factory in caulk-like containers and we put them into specially made guns with triggers (I am serious). I could sauce-up 12 big macs in about 2 seconds, I am not kidding -- at times I could put one in each hand and sauce up twice as fast. When we ran out -- RELOAD!!!!

What you LBYM guys really need is a GHETTO BIG MAC for $1.00. Here is the demo:

Kramer

A little unwanted nostalgia for former mickey-d workers...

Third worst thing: "Hey you...go do a lot check" (You'll be picking up a lot of lazy peoples garbage)

Second worst thing: "You're on dress, pie and filet today" (You'll be getting treated for burns later on)

First worst thing: "BUS! Lets go to a dozen-six, on the turn". ('bus' is self explanatory. A dozen-six on the turn is a dozen regular burgers and six two patty big macs where after you turn the first dozen you put another dozen down.) Given the time constraints posed by the timers, I've seen guys have to use BOTH sides of the spatula to finish turning the first twelve before the second twelve are ready.

Kramer...this was in the mid 70's in the northeast. I remember spending my mornings defrosting the frozen lettuce, rehydrating the dried onion bits, and mixing the mayo, ketchup and onion with hand diced pickles and then adding sugar to it.

Mmmm, mmmm....dicing pickles with burns on your hands...nothing like it...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
A little unwanted nostalgia for former mickey-d workers...
Third worst thing: "Hey you...go do a lot check" (You'll be picking up a lot of lazy peoples garbage)
Second worst thing: "You're on dress, pie and filet today" (You'll be getting treated for burns later on)
First worst thing: "BUS!  Lets go to a dozen-six, on the turn".  ('bus' is self explanatory.  A dozen-six on the turn is a dozen regular burgers and six two patty big macs where after you turn the first dozen you put another dozen down.)  Given the time constraints posed by the timers, I've seen guys have to use BOTH sides of the spatula to finish turning the first twelve before the second twelve are ready.
Kramer...this was in the mid 70's in the northeast.  I remember spending my mornings defrosting the frozen lettuce, rehydrating the dried onion bits, and mixing the mayo, ketchup and onion with hand diced pickles and then adding sugar to it.
Mmmm, mmmm....dicing pickles with burns on your hands...nothing like it...
Kids, stay in school!!

I made a special trip into McDonald's yesterday just to find the price of a Big Mac. But it wasn't listed anywhere on the menu. Just meal deals, etc.

I would have asked, but the place was a madhouse.

They want you to get the meals, french fries and coke cost a nickel to produce. They lose money or break even on most of the sandwiches separately.

Ironically, the coke and fries are the worst nutritional part of the meal. And if you have them hold the mayo or special sauce, the average fast food sandwich isnt that bad. Of course, then it tastes like crap...ok...crappier.

Nords said:
Kids, stay in school!!

Hell yeah. Not much redeeming value in that job, although given that they didnt want you to stand still for a minute and the managers were abusive buttheads, it might have been excellent preschooling for bootcamp.

I did hear that mickeyd's was a lot better than working at a donut shop. Earlier hours, lots more burns, and an even more frenetic pace.

Oh yeah, back on topic...$2.29 for one at the mickeys in the walmart thats right next to four other fast food joints. I forgot to ask about the "twofer" big mac deal.

Did my time in a Pizza Slut Hut, where I earned a hefty $1.70 / hr... (1975)

But the Michelob on tap was a nice perk... 8)

I checked the mcdonald's in the walmart in Raleigh. $2.49.

I can now report back on the BK Triple stacker. $3.99 for an ok sandwich. Nothing unique about it. Wouldn't get it again. Their value meals for the bk stackers are 6-7 bucks! I'd rather go next door to chili's or TGI Fridays and pay about the same thing for a much better burger.

I think you can already get McBeer and McWine in some European markets, and I seem to recall ordering a few McVodkas while in Poland.....

That "Ghetto Cheeseburger" reminded me of my college days. A snack bar sold "Chili Nachos" for $2.00 which consisted of Nachos, chili, lettuce, and tomato. I found that by ordering Nachos for $1, extra chili for $.30, extra lettuce for $.25, and extra tomato for $.25, I got the same thing and saved twenty cents.

There were all kinds of pricing inefficiencies, like the way the salad bar charged by the pound for any ingredient. I would go in and shovel out a pound of cheese from the salad bar and pay just a couple of bucks for it.

Ah, those were the days.

BTW, McDonalds does sell beer in some European locations. And many European McDs have "McCafe" which is like a starbucks attached to the main restaurant.

I have to agree that alacarte is the way to play fast food restaurants. Ordering a couple of sandwiches and a salad from the $1 menu (along with a water) gives a vaguely nutritious meal for much less money than the bloated "value" meals.

i prefer burger king...i like the way it shows those whip marks where the jockey hit it

free4now said:
That "Ghetto Cheeseburger" reminded me of my college days. A snack bar sold "Chili Nachos" for $2.00 which consisted of Nachos, chili, lettuce, and tomato. I found that by ordering Nachos for $1, extra chili for $.30, extra lettuce for $.25, and extra tomato for $.25, I got the same thing and saved twenty cents.

There were all kinds of pricing inefficiencies, like the way the salad bar charged by the pound for any ingredient. I would go in and shovel out a pound of cheese from the salad bar and pay just a couple of bucks for it.

Heres a pricing inefficiency that works the wrong way. Maybe its just around here.

Burger king special thats been on their sign for the last 5 years: cheesburger 49c. Double cheeseburger 99c.

You order two cheeseburgers, you get two patties, two pieces of cheese, two buns, and two sets of condiments. You order a double cheeseburger, and for 1c extra you get only one bun and one set of condiments.

Speaking of specials, my dad told me a good story the other day. He goes to this hot-dog-in-a-pretzel place at the mall, and they have a sign up "todays special: blah blah dog and a blah blah drink". So he asks "how much is the special?". "The price thats on the menu.". "Then why is it a special?". "Well, we make more of the specials because more people order them when we have them as a special. But they're the same price".

:LOL:

free4now said:
BTW, McDonalds does sell beer in some European locations. And many European McDs have "McCafe" which is like a starbucks attached to the main restaurant.

There are mcCafes in USA too. Raleigh is a test mkt, and in fact, there is one about a mile from work. I've heard it is very similar to starbucks in quality, lower on the price, with a more upscale atmosphere. I had a cinnabon from there - best one from a fast food joint I've had.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Heres a pricing inefficiency that works the wrong way.  Maybe its just around here.
My FIL grew up in the 1940s Bronx and worked many hours at his father's grocery store.

One of their biggest sellers was "Bananas:  8 cents each, three for 25 cents".

You would think that savvy Bronx shoppers would spot the price break in a microsecond, but the vast majority of the grocery store's sales were 3 for 25.

Never underestimate the laziness or ignorance of the American consumer...

I'm not sure how universal it is, but I've noticed at grocery stores that show the price/volume that the order of cost is usually: (from highest to lowest)

1. Mini-packs, or the smallest size of any product.
2. Super-mega-family-size.
3. Regular.

I guess they figure there's a volume discount for going from the small to the medium, but by the time you get to the huuuuge size you're mostly selling to moms with half a dozen kids hanging off their cart, making lots of noise, and the task is just to get the food and get out of there asap without anything breaking or exploding, with no time to check the cheapest prices, so you can charge more and they'll still buy it.

Nords said:
My FIL grew up in the 1940s Bronx and worked many hours at his father's grocery store.

One of their biggest sellers was "Bananas: 8 cents each, three for 25 cents".

You would think that savvy Bronx shoppers would spot the price break in a microsecond, but the vast majority of the grocery store's sales were 3 for 25.

Wow. I checked the walmart receipt yesterday - bananas - $0.09 each. 12.5% inflation after 60 years? If only I were a monkey and could live off of bananas... :D

justin said:
Wow. I checked the walmart receipt yesterday - bananas - $0.09 each. 12.5% inflation after 60 years? If only I were a monkey and could live off of bananas... :D

One thing good about being a monkey is that you can pick stocks just as elegantly as a Wall-Street pro who gets 6-figure salary + year end bonus.

justin said:

So justin, you might have just slipped into a new ER budgeting loop-hole here... If I could become a fruitarian, or better yet, a bananararian, I could stop indexing my food budget for inflation and boost my SWR? 8) Either that or move to central america and just pick them out of the back yard for free...

Hey, worse rationalizations have been invented to justify ER a little earlier than planned!

Back
Top Bottom